JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Seaweed Hunting

bagwell1987

When the weather is beautiful there's no better place to be than at the beach. It's a clam dig today so my fella wanted to go clamming, (nice ones and done in 15 minutes!), and the grand girl wanted to go play in the tide pools. I wanted seaweed for the garden. We all got what we wanted. It was beautiful, cannot ask for a better day. Happy to share with you. post-1083-0-01028100-1393640150_thumb.jppost-1083-0-18490600-1393640166_thumb.jppost-1083-0-59540400-1393640182_thumb.jp

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Cheryl

I have been over that bridge many times... We like going gown the coast in the winter time .. Love all the storms and waves and beach combing .. Seaweed for the garden is great ... Nice shots

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Seaweed for your garden? I always thought when different ones went sea weed harvesting, it was for food. I don't get to the beach that often, so thank you for sharing!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

The bulk of the seaweed is for the garden. I have to separate the leaves from the bulbs. The leaves go into a bucket and soak off the sand, then dry off and go into the dehydrator. I'll use this for house plants and my protein shakes. The bulbs will go in the garden. They will 'melt' into the soil and nourish it with everything I need for a bountiful harvest. I only will plant potatoes, onion, green beans, lettuce, radishes, carrots. I have a small garden here and can harvest enough to keep us until the next planting. 

The house plants LOVE the seaweed! They go crazy! I'll have some to share if you want some Bea.

My shakes I drink in the morning are so nutritious it makes me feel soo good!! Hope I got enough. I may have to go back and get more. I like to have a gallon of ground seaweed in the pantry.

Lance, I'll be meeting up with Wendy and Ron in April, want some seaweed??? Can't wait to see them. Like to join us?? 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Who is the little beauty! What a great time!

The little beauty is my girl Autumn. She's with me every week. She's a hoot. We had so much fun slogging through the tide pools, her little boots got full of water but it was so warm she didn't care. She came home, here, put all the wet cloths in the laundry room and was so happy when she saw I shared her picture on JWTalk!!

The bulk of the seaweed is for the garden. I have to separate the leaves from the bulbs. The leaves go into a bucket and soak off the sand, then dry off and go into the dehydrator. I'll use this for house plants and my protein shakes. The bulbs will go in the garden. They will 'melt' into the soil and nourish it with everything I need for a bountiful harvest. I only will plant potatoes, onion, green beans, lettuce, radishes, carrots. I have a small garden here and can harvest enough to keep us until the next planting. 

The house plants LOVE the seaweed! They go crazy! I'll have some to share if you want some Bea.

My shakes I drink in the morning are so nutritious it makes me feel soo good!! Hope I got enough. I may have to go back and get more. I like to have a gallon of ground seaweed in the pantry.

Lance, I'll be meeting up with Wendy and Ron in April, want some seaweed??? Can't wait to see them. Like to join us?? 

Do you need a permitt to collect the Kelp? We do & most places its now illegal to remove from the Beaches, But hey this is Aussie.  Looks like good fun Sis,

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks Cheryl for sharing your pics, I grew up by the coast in Monterey area and we used to go to Moss Landing and when the tide was out we would go out and find sand dollars and other pretty shells. Good memories! I do miss the fog from the coast, I know that may sound weird but it is such a different feeling than fog anywhere else. Give Autumn a big hug from all of us, she should sleep good tonight. 

Believe it or not that bitty girl was up at 3. I was too but I was amazed she was! We did have a good time. I'm so happy you enjoyed the pictures. 

Oh the fog? I get so sick of it. I dream of the day when I don't have to see it for a while. When I don't have to go put on a sweatshirt cause the FOG rolled in! When I can enjoy sunset after sunset. When I don't have to use the wipers because it's so dense. When I won't have to be fogged in here but yet drive 15 minutes down the road and see 75-80 degree weather that my garden is begging for. Yep, pretty much decided that in the new system I will not be anywhere near an ocean for centuries. 

Ok, rant over with, I feel better.