JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bronchitis anyone?

Hey all, I joined the forum a couple of weeks back, but haven't been on in a while due to....bronchitis! I get this about once every other year, at almost the same time, give or take a few weeks. Western New York weather has been pretty relentless, and has taken the toll on many peoples immune systems in this area, including many brothers and sisters. Attendance generally dips between January and February. Well, now it's March, and for the most part I feel alive again. And, yes, Western New York is an "officially" recognized regional name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_New_York) as one sister from Jamestown could testify to. Look forward to dialoguing again with many of you. Peace and love, Kevin

Edited by Kevin Anthony

My husband is just getting over it and I have had the head cold. This weekend we got an ice storm but hopefully tomorrow temp. will melt a lot off. I want to feel that feeling of how did you say it "feeling alive again", haven't felt that way for at least 5yrs. I was hoping after this last surgery where I had 3cysts in my throat blocking my airway would make me feel that way but I keep coming down with sicknesses every time I am around people. At least I am no longer bed ridden but getting out of the house from time to time takes a toll on me. Just need the new system A.S.A.P.!

I have Chronic Bronchitis (where your lungs are permanently impaired) and am on an inhaler for it...I get the contagious bronchitis 3-4 times a year...Very sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well & I pray sunnier days lay ahead of you. :wub:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Hey all, I joined the forum a couple of weeks back, but haven't been on in a while due to....bronchitis! I get this about once every other year, at almost the same time, give or take a few weeks. Western New York weather has been pretty relentless, and has taken the toll on many peoples immune systems in this area, including many brothers and sisters. Attendance generally dips between January and February. Well, now it's March, and for the most part I feel alive again. And, yes, Western New York is an "officially" recognized regional name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_New_York) as one sister from Jamestown could testify to. Look forward to dialoguing again with many of you. Peace and love, Kevin

Hey Kevin Sorry to read you got the Bronch. I used to get it chronic.

Its not fun at all. Today I am playing Nurse & Dr. as my Kids all 3 of them are ill.

I learnt a few tips along the way that's help me not get so bad. 

I went on a friends RV. one time. It was cold & winter & raining & this RV she is Indian. & would make the best Ginger tea.

I have used it now whenever I got sick * the kids love it too.

So here it is.. Half fill a pot with water. add chopped fresh ginger, a couple of plain tea bags, sugar to taste let it boil & keep stiring on occasions. & then add milk. Ginger is great on the Lungs & helps with all the muck.

My mum also would make chicken soup. with rice & celery & onion, salt etc. 

I use echinacia now & iron tonics. as well as garlic. The non smelly type/But does help.

Hope it doesn't last tooo!! Long.

I also have a few oil burners & add a few eucalyptus drops to the water. the smell fills the room. but at least you can breathe.

Edited by surfergirl

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

We use a weed here called "broom weed" that is good for breathing but I think I will take your advice and add fresh ginger to it so it might give it a double whammy on this cold stuff. I added licorice to it but my husband said it didn't work as well with the licorice but I thought it tasted better. haha

I do like the idea of the oil burners with eucalyptus drops, good idea. 

My husband has chronic bronchitis which we have been able to partially control by his trying to keep out of drafts, wearing a scarf in cold weather, trying to keep away from anyone with a cold, getting annual flu shots. I think I covered everything, but if he starts coughing he takes Oil of Oreganol, 3 drops in a little water, say a couple tbsp. twice a day 'till the cough improves.

Oh brother, bronchitis! I just got it 2 years ago for the first time. My lungs felt so heavy. I also have asthma and use the gray puffer thingy (!) and for the last 2 years I also get whooping cough virus. Talk about terrible. It took 3 months to get back to the living. I did much of what's talked about here. I should have added juiced turnip, it's purported to be really effective on lungs. Next time I'll try this.

I'm hoping the beet kvass is also going to be the ticket to kick it. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I have asthma too.  When I get bronchitis, which is usually a couple times a year, I have a hard time breathing even while using my inhalers.  Sometimes I have to go in for a breathing treatment because even the cough syrup and vapor rub don't help on top of my inhalers.