JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

im tired..need a vacation....

any ideas for a mini vacation...limited funds...but need to get away....

i was thinking of taking a train ride to san francisco......and back...any ideas? :scooter:

i will still get my pioneer hours in, never a vacation from the ministry of course.:snoring:

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

The train ride sounds really nice.Where you are in AZ is

great.I love the Grand Canyon,we camped there 3 nights,watching

the awesome sunsets every night.

We have plans to stay with friends in a cabin in the

mtns for 4 days.These days I like sitting around the

fireplace,while theres a foot of snow outside, relaxing.

The simpler the trip the better.

The train ride sounds really nice.Where you are in AZ is

great.I love the Grand Canyon,we camped there 3 nights,watching

the awesome sunsets every night.

We have plans to stay with friends in a cabin in the

mtns for 4 days.These days I like sitting around the

fireplace,while theres a foot of snow outside, relaxing.

The simpler the trip the better.

this sounds really good, ....have you been to Sedona? that is really lovely as well.

Growth Demands Change!

Hello sister,

Not sure if this will help now but maybe in the future.Every year around Jan.-Feb. Abunch of the sisters at our hall get together and go somewhere for a weekend.They leave fri and return sunday.One place they really like is a dude ranch about 2 hrs from here.Horse back riding,snowmobiling,sitting in the hot tub.Meals were included free wine and cheese from 6-7 no tv. Most of them are into scrapbooking so they would bring their stuff and have a scrapbooking party.Sometimes here there will be a srapbooking party for the whole weekend at a nearby hotel.It works for everyone the sisters get a mini vacation and the brothers get some work done LOL.

Just How adventurous are you Destiny ? Travelzoo.com this weeks top 20 has specials to 3 destinations in FL for $79.00 each way, and a Hot Air balloon ride over Scottsdale. Also Verde Canyon RR excursions SedonatoursUS. has Horseback, Helicopter, Jeep and train rides.

SF might be a little cold this time of year, but then again we left Phoenix in July at 110 degrees to attend the DC at the Cow Palace in SF and it was 58 degrees, of course if you make it to FL might as well go to St. Thomas and stay with the sis. Glad to hear you are still pioneering, nothing like a little R @ R

The Eden Project sounds nice Christopher. Any raw foodists attend? We went to The Spirit Fest Raw Food festival in Prescott back in Sept. and listened to Medical Physicians and a 109 year old raw foodist explain the benefits of reversing catostrophic life threatening diseases, We thought we were in a time warp, some of the participants were from another world.

Hello sister,

Not sure if this will help now but maybe in the future.Every year around Jan.-Feb. Abunch of the sisters at our hall get together and go somewhere for a weekend.They leave fri and return sunday.One place they really like is a dude ranch about 2 hrs from here.Horse back riding,snowmobiling,sitting in the hot tub.Meals were included free wine and cheese from 6-7 no tv. Most of them are into scrapbooking so they would bring their stuff and have a scrapbooking party.Sometimes here there will be a srapbooking party for the whole weekend at a nearby hotel.It works for everyone the sisters get a mini vacation and the brothers get some work done LOL.

this sounds like fun larry, thanks for the heads up. where is this New Hampsire?

Growth Demands Change!

SF might be a little cold this time of year, but then again we left Phoenix in July at 110 degrees to attend the DC at the Cow Palace in SF and it was 58 degrees, of course if you make it to FL might as well go to St. Thomas and stay with the sis. Glad to hear you are still pioneering, nothing like a little R @ R

Hi Micheal, nice seeing you around these parts,

Maybe i'll drive down to Tuscon for a weekend,... gone are the days of my youth, days of calamity now are here...LOL...what happened to the good ole dayz?

don't have money for nothing no more:depressed:

Growth Demands Change!

AZ-Sonoran Desert Musuem off of Ajo Way is spectacular, highly recomended. Lots of fauna-flora and desert creatures, some close to extinction.

Also in the same area Old Tucson is and old movie set that burned down a few years ago, but was rebuilt, once there you will realize just how many scenes were actually filmed here.

Mt. Lemon is nice with a ski chair lift, and cabin rentals, Tucson has the best Mexican food restaurants, inventors of the chimiichanga, Enjoy !

I wouldn't obviously be able to suggest places for you, but how about this for an idea.

Some friends and I are planning a weekend of hiking, camping, 4x4ing, going to hot springs, and generally hanging out together and meeting new friends. Guess how?

The friends are, you guessed it, some of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the hiking and 4x4 tripd is unassigned territory, in a really remote mountainous area around the Tugela River, and we are going to make a full weekend of it.

:cowboy:

I wouldn't obviously be able to suggest places for you, but how about this for an idea.

Some friends and I are planning a weekend of hiking, camping, 4x4ing, going to hot springs, and generally hanging out together and meeting new friends. Guess how?

The friends are, you guessed it, some of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the hiking and 4x4 tripd is unassigned territory, in a really remote mountainous area around the Tugela River, and we are going to make a full weekend of it.

:cowboy:

This sounds wonderful Jeremy, killing 2 birds with one stone...Have fun and I hope you guys are able to plant some good seeds!...:punk:

Growth Demands Change!