JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Muslim Prayers For Peace And Security (1)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3601 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

....and the events continue to unfold

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/06/06/Islamic-prayers-to-be-held-at-the-Vatican.html

Islamic prayers to be held at the Vatican
52a189cd-6116-4028-b8e7-706227792c09_16x
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas ® welcomes Pope Francis upon Francis' arrival to the West Bank town of Bethlehem, May 25, 2014. (Reuters)
Text size A A A
Staff writer, Al Arabyia News
Friday, 6 June 2014

For the first time in history, Islamic prayers and readings from the Quran will be heard at the Vatican on Sunday, in a move by Pope Francis to usher in peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

Francis issued the invitation to Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas during his visit last week to Jordan, Israel, and the Palestinian Authority.

Watch Video: Imam recites Quran for the first time in the Vatican

Read Analysis: Pope brings together Imams and Rabbis

Abbas, Peres, and Francis will be joined by Jewish, Christian and Islamic religious leaders, a statement released by Peres’s spokesperson said, according to the Times of Israel.

Holy See officials on Friday said the evening prayers would be a “pause in politics” and had no political aim other than to rekindle the desire for Israeli-Palestinian peace at the political and popular level, according to the Associated Press.

Low expectations

The Vatican will broadcast a live feed of the event to viewers across the world.

However, expectations for the event should be kept low, according to Rev. Pierbattista Pizzaballa, the custodian of Catholic Church property in the Holy Land.

[No-one should think] “peace will suddenly break out on Monday, or that peace is any closer,” AP reported him as saying.

On Friday, the Pope met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and discussed ways of promoting peace and stability in Asia the Vatican said in a statement.

In a conversation this morning, with an elderly sister, the tribulation came up. In this next week's WT study article, the picture on page 11, and paragraph 13 were discussed. We agreed that those 4 winds are going to be like the "wind sheer:, that causes planes to crash, trees to be ripped out of the ground, and general mayhem. I'm wondering if I am faith ready, and strong enough to keep my head up until Jehovah says, finis!

I live on the edge of a forest.....my backyard fence is at the forest edge.  We get a lot of big wind-storms on the coast of British Columbia and a lot of trees come down.  Recently they logged some of the forest behind my house and I notice they left some tall trees in the middle of the logged patch all alone - solitary.  They have been coming down with each wind storm because they are not protected by trees around them.  I see one still left standing...but it won't be long....probably come down in the next storm.  The grove and thick forest still left is solid...the thick trees all protect each other...some come down but they don't fall completely as they are left leaning against other trees.   I think this is a good lesson for us while we wait for the impending wind storm :)

Amos 4:12, in part: ".....Get ready to meet your God, O Israel."

I live on the edge of a forest.....my backyard fence is at the forest edge.  We get a lot of big wind-storms on the coast of British Columbia and a lot of trees come down.  Recently they logged some of the forest behind my house and I notice they left some tall trees in the middle of the logged patch all alone - solitary.  They have been coming down with each wind storm because they are not protected by trees around them.  I see one still left standing...but it won't be long....probably come down in the next storm.  The grove and thick forest still left is solid...the thick trees all protect each other...some come down but they don't fall completely as they are left leaning against other trees.   I think this is a good lesson for us while we wait for the impending wind storm :)

VERY GOOD illustration! :)

You may be stronger than you realize. Just keep moving with Jehovah's organization, okay? :D

Obed, thank you. After the beautiful convention talks, and the warm smiles of all those in attendance, one can be sure that Jehovah's hand is steady, strong, and willing to help anyone, who knows Him as their Father.

Excellant illustration! Now. How would you illustrate the pope's skirts, being as dirty as Babylon the great's?

Thanks!  The pope's skirts - or for that matter, the skirts of Christendom's clergy are like spongy paper towels designed to soak up the filth they are put in!!  The clergy think they are clean and above it all... but their skirts soak up all the blood and corruption of the centuries of war and death they have caused.  

Amos 4:12, in part: ".....Get ready to meet your God, O Israel."