JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Presbyterians in U.S. to allow gay marriage ceremonies

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3566 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

PEW Institute did this as well. Here's an excerpt:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/06/18/where-christian-churches-stand-on-gay-marriage/

Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage

BY DAVID MASCI27 COMMENTS

The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) plans to hold a historic vote on same-sex marriage this week that could reverberate beyond the church’s nearly 2 million members. Church leaders gathering in Detroit are expected to decide as early as today whether to allow gay marriage or to continue to prohibit it, a move some Christian leaders believe could influence other centrist and liberal mainline Protestant churches as they also grapple with the issue.

FT_14.06.18_ChurchesOnSSM-1.png

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I think the bibles view of homosexuality is very balanced, it is sexual immorality, but so is sex outside of marriage.

So in reality the church's standards have been low for years, they might as well marry homosexuals, they willingly and openly marry people who hare actively and unrepentantly in a sexual relationship prior to marriage. When church's started marrying people who lived together before marriage is when they lost their standards. This is just a flow on of that decline.

I guess the only difference is that a sexual immoral heterosexual couple can bring their romantic relationship into harmony with God's law, while a romantic homosexual relationship cannot.

Nevertheless the churches of Christendom failed a long time ago regarding the sanctity of marriage. Marriage hasn't been a holy thing in Christendom for a while now so in that respect its no surprise its turning into a free for all.

when statistics are published about religions, they never put Jehovah's Witnesses in it. Here Presbyterians have 2 million people and we are almost 3 times more. We know we aren't invisible. go figure. 

There is an invisible word just before "religion". The word is "FALSE"

We are not part of them.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

I guess the only difference is that a sexual immoral heterosexual couple can bring their romantic relationship into harmony with God's law, while a romantic homosexual relationship cannot.

That's a very good point Zak, I know I should have thought about it, but it never occurred to me to think about it this way. Huh, new thought...new brain synapses..

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

when statistics are published about religions, they never put Jehovah's Witnesses in it. Here Presbyterians have 2 million people and we are almost 3 times more. We know we aren't invisible. go figure. 

Maybe it is because we don't try to influence politicians with our view.