JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ebola Spreading Abroad

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3549 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This one found on NBC News:

Ebola Scare Briefly Closes Charlotte ER
Maggie Fox and Erika Edwards
A possible Ebola scare briefly closed a Charlotte area emergency room -- an incident that may be repeated across the country as Ebola fears heighten.

(This maybe just a scare, but you can't blame people.  Soon I guess a lot of us will be wearing masks and gear and or perhaps not being able to leave our homes.  If people can't see the SIGNS of this system of things, then they have surely let themselves be blinded.  Come on people, wake up!  A fire is burning out of control on this planet.  No human government agency or organization political or not can put it out!  Only Jehovah's Kingdom ruled by his appointed son, Jesus Christ and his associates in heaven can do it.  No humans can stop Ebola, or any other pestilence that will soon hit this planet.  Jehovah God and his son, Jesus, are the only ones who can stop it.  Put your trust in God's Kingdom/Government. Not in humans!  They mean well, but can never, never, eradicate all the injustice, violence, wars, and diseases like the one mention here.  Seek Jehovah all you meek ones on the earth, before that day of Jehovah approaches, and it will come as more and more prophecies are fulfilled!   Jehovah's Kingdom through Jesus, will bring an end to all of the above, including the human governments!  DANIEL 2:44)

Actually I wouldn't call the Daily Mail a smut magazine, The Sun or The Daily Mirror....most definitely !!

Usually the Daily Mail is a ok newspaper.

Regarding Ebola, it will most definitely spread... part of the pestilence that we expect I guess :(

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I heard an NPR report yesterday on could Ebola spread to the West?  While it could and maybe has, they say our hospital and sanitation systems in certain areas are so much better that we could easily contain it and deal with it, unlike what is happening in Africa right now.  Most are afraid to go get help at the Ebola centers in Africa because they know that most who go in don't come out alive, so they are thinking bad things happen there.  Right now they have gotten a few who have survived the virus because they got early treatment to go into these villages and explain that to them.  The last count I heard was 670 dead.  The good news is, they are saying 60% of those who contract it die, when this first started several months ago, they were saying 70% who contract it die. 

Just simple things like washing your hands can go a long way to making sure this doesn't spread from one person to another and these type of practices aren't the norm in the areas where this is spreading, but they are trying to educate people on it. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Actually I wouldn't call the Daily Mail a smut magazine, The Sun or The Daily Mirror....most definitely !!

Usually the Daily Mail is a ok newspaper.

Regarding Ebola, it will most definitely spread... part of the pestilence that we expect I guess :(

I like the Daily Mail a lot, but one day I used an article from it and someone else in here said it was a "smut" magazine like the American "National Inquire."  You can't trust their stories, but you know, I checked the same story on CNN, Fox News, and ABC News, The Huffington Post, and other news agencies, and found the same article's.  Maybe written a little different, like their own view point, but still it was reported on!  I don't think its a "smut mag" myself, some stories are a bit far fetched, but they are interesting at that.  And I agree, the Sun and Daily Mirror, oh boy, just like at the stores waiting in line and seeing those way out of the way stories, like the Martians coming to earth to take over it!  I think they already came remember...back in the fall of 1914.  I think Jesus kicked their space ship down to earth!

President Obama has just amended the guidelines for detaining and quarantining sick individuals, on July 31, 2014 he revised it to include anyone with acute respiratory distress or fever, anything that could spread or cause pandemic but this is without testing, so it is possible for a person to be detained for the flu until they know for sure through testing...if you have the flu be careful because there is no difference in the symptoms...

Anyone with severe cough, so bring documentation if you have asthma or any other condition that would have these symptoms. Scary a little.

http://www.cdc.gov/sars/quarantine/exec-2004-04-03.html

Affected US Workers transported back to U.S. will land in Atlanta today!

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/plans-underway-american-sick-ebola-24806605

I dont think this is a good idea at all. If the facilities are so great why not move them to where there is a greater need?

The gesture is nobel though.

I think this is mostly because of the "The U.S. takes care of it's own (no man left behind)" mentality than anything else.  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Frontline did a good job on Killer Bacteria. 

This link to my PBS but you can get it on your channel.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/hunting-the-nightmare-bacteria/?elq=0da87ebeab80472fbe5e3310fb7f15ea&elqCampaignId=992

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34