JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Calling all Cooks! What's your favorite kitchen gadget?

Maybe not a kitchen "gadget" but, we could not survive without our Keurig! (Plus it's the only kitchen gadget I can operate!)

attachicon.gifKeurig.jpg

Its an essential kitchen accessoray. ..Got to start the day of on a good note. lols.

Hows it work? Pods or Beans...?

Edited by surfergirl

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

post-1015-0-95477300-1410519135.jpg

This is my favorite gadget,  especially in the winter. Making Banana & cinamon toasties. Bacon & egg. Kids love em

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Definitely my kitchen aid stand mixer. Best anniversary gift ever. Next is my 14cup elite cuisinart food processor. Next on my list is a new blender (ninja). Mine is fatigued. A must have, that I don't have anymore (it broke) is an immersion blender.

But my all time favorite is my chef knife. I bring it with me everywhere I need to help. I can't work without it.

Audi, am I going to see you on "Top Chef" anytime soon? (hehe!)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

@Cherly.. it does everything.

Except empty itself. Lols.

This model is the cheaper range.

I had a Saeco. Had to be fixed forever. Once the warranty was up.

I live the stove top ones.

Not much can go wrong with it.

Have one of those, should bring it out and use it again. Yep, should. Will. In the morning. Thanks for reminding me Gabe. Old fashioned is better anyway. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

post-1015-0-01525900-1410588302.jpg

post-1015-0-00232900-1410588682.png

I also keep these guys handy incase of a blackout....Or my stove descides not to work. Which happened last yr. A thunderstorm had blown the fuse permanently. I rent & had to use this gadget for five months... Got ta have stand by items.

Oh Gabe I love that little burner!! I have a gas range in my kitchen and love it but when I'm canning I have to bring in other burners, they've all been electric. But I love that little guy, OK on my new wish list!!

And yep, that's my stove top espresso maker!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Do you sharpen your knives on a stone Cheryl, the way real chef's do or with one of those long steel rods?

Stones are to sharpen a blade when really dull. The steel or rod (steel or ceramic) is to maintain it sharp. As you cut, the edge distorts/dulls (microscopic wavy edge). The steel straightens the edge. You can also use the bottom of a coffee mug, the edge of a coffee mug has no ceramic and will straighten the edge. (Tell me who looked at their coffee mug, lol). But its true, lol. Also leather, the old barber method.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stones are to sharpen a blade when really dull. The steel or rod (steel or ceramic) is to maintain it sharp. As you cut, the edge distorts/dulls (microscopic wavy edge). The steel straightens the edge. You can also use the bottom of a coffee mug, the edge of a coffee mug has no ceramic and will straighten the edge. (Tell me who looked at their coffee mug, lol). But its true, lol. Also leather, the old barber method.

sorry meant to say the bottom edge of the cup has no glaze, thus the ceramic mug can straighten the blade.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif 1cupMoka.jpg

I'am not sure but dare to tell ... we sell these kimd of italien coffemakers and italian coffe in our webshop, starting 3 years aga. Now 3 regular pioneers and the neighborhoods congregation service overseer are part of the team. It's nice because it's not a full time job but it helps. And last but not least ... it smells mhmmhm coffee.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Butane Cooker Primus.png

I also keep these guys handy incase of a blackout....Or my stove descides not to work. Which happened last yr. A thunderstorm had blown the fuse permanently. I rent & had to use this gadget for five months... Got ta have stand by items.

do or do not - there is no choice

Haha! We actually have a few in our congregation who have talked about doing a 'Chopped' like activity.

That would be such a cool activity!  As long as you find several who are willing to pay for the food in the boxes and be judges as well as the cooks! I love that idea! It would be cool to get kids and teenagers involved in something like that! 

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D