JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rally Currently going on in America

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3441 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

So I dont know how many of you are following the news, but there are currently several anti-police brutality marches going on in several cities in the US today. All sparked by the various instances that have been accumulating. They are estimating that there are 12,000 at the NYC one alone.

While I was perusing the news, I saw this picture posted from the one in NYC. Read the first sign....

B4v_6jXIgAABIWQ.jpg

In the last several weeks there have been riots in every major city. There are still nightly headlines about various freeways or streets being shut down by protesters, 'die-ins' at malls and schools, and riots with property damage. Who would have imagined that this might be the way everything starts...

Thanks for this. I live in Las Vegas and we havent seen any of this unrest or marches. I had no idea - until you posted this that any of this has even continued. 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If you go on breakingnews.com there are lots of pictures. I have seen pictures of Chicago, NYC, Washington DC and Oakland. There are headlines for many other cities.

Some other pictures from NYC with more signs. Notice the sign about anyone neutral being viewed as siding with the oppressers.

B4wiyoTIMAAeZjo.jpg

And this is an aerial view of the NYC march:

B4w8P4wIgAAoUNi.jpg

In the US, political protesting practically the national pastime, only slightly behind elections and major sporting events in terms of visibly supporting one side or the other.

While these protests do often get out of hand, it's nothing new. In fact, the numerous and ongoing protests themselves are an identifying mark of where we are within Daniel's statue prophecy.

*** w12 6/15 p. 16 par. 9 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***
The clay is referred to as “the offspring of mankind,” or the common people. (Dan. 2:43) In the Anglo-American World Power, people have risen up to claim their rights through civil rights campaigns, labor unions, and independence movements. The common people undermine the ability of the Anglo-American World Power to act with ironlike strength. Also, opposing ideologies and close election results that do not end up in a clear majority have weakened the power base of even popular leaders, so that they have no clear mandate to implement their policies. Daniel foretold: “The kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile.”—Dan. 2:42; 2 Tim. 3:1-3.

What starts?

How the UN might get involved with everything, how the end might start. Not saying this for sure is, but you never know. I just thought it was interesting how they individuals are starting to think that the United Nations is the answer to their problems. Its not just an American thing anymore either, the protesting and general unrest/unhappiness with authority is bleeding over into other countries as well.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/crime/article4293980.ece?CMP=Spklr-121191094-Editorial-TWITTER-TimesNewsdesk-20141211&linkId=11096072  - Talks about 76 protesters arrested in London over Eric Garner and Michael Brown jury decisions. Which to me is odd, because it is a completely different country and different judicial system, yet they feel the need to protest it as well.

In the US, political protesting practically the national pastime, only slightly behind elections and major sporting events in terms of visibly supporting one side or the other.

While these protests do often get out of hand, it's nothing new. In fact, the numerous and ongoing protests themselves are an identifying mark of where we are within Daniel's statue prophecy.

*** w12 6/15 p. 16 par. 9 Jehovah Reveals What “Must Shortly Take Place” ***
The clay is referred to as “the offspring of mankind,” or the common people. (Dan. 2:43) In the Anglo-American World Power, people have risen up to claim their rights through civil rights campaigns, labor unions, and independence movements. The common people undermine the ability of the Anglo-American World Power to act with ironlike strength. Also, opposing ideologies and close election results that do not end up in a clear majority have weakened the power base of even popular leaders, so that they have no clear mandate to implement their policies. Daniel foretold: “The kingdom will partly prove to be strong and will partly prove to be fragile.”—Dan. 2:42; 2 Tim. 3:1-3.

I agree 100 percent Stavro. Also, I was reminding some of the friends about why all the protest going on. it is because iron and clay doesn't mix.

I was inadvertently mixed up in the rally via the subway yesterday.  I'm glad to say everything was peaceful and other than the sheer volume of people, didn't seem different than any other day.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I am glad you are OK. It is sad when the people rallying against violence USE violence to make their point  :nope:

Jehovah's ways are so much better!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....