JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Apps having an influence in interesting parts of the world!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3431 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is part of an article that I thought many here would appreciate.

This article is specifically about 1 App called "The Bible App",

but the results that they have provided are very interesting for us and for our ministry.

This 1 app has been downloaded 162 million times!

Now add our JW App plus all the many other Bible Apps that

have been downloaded for iPads/Android phones and tablets!

So thanks to Bible apps many more people are reading the Bible

and especially in parts of the world where bibles are rare.

This article also reveals some of the most popular verses in 2014 that

people are highlighting and are sharing with others.

"The Bible App Reveals Its Most Popular Verses Of 2014"

The Huffington Post  

Posted:

12/29/2014 8:10 am EST

"The Bible App has been downloaded more than 162 million times, according to the app's creator, YouVersion. And unlike the print version of the immensely popular sacred text, the digital version can be mined for data.

That traceability lets YouVersion come up with a number of interesting conclusions about how users all over the world are reading the Bible.

Interest in using the Bible App surged over the past year in several surprising places. The highest amount of growth in activity -- in terms of reading, sharing, bookmarking, etc. -- was found in Israel, according to YouVersion founder Bobby Gruenewald. After that came South Sudan, then the Republic of Suriname in South America, Iraq and Macedonia.

"What's interesting to me is that several of those countries are definitely not majority Christian," Gruenewald told HuffPost. "And in some cases, the Bible isn't that accessible or isn't considered to be acceptable culturally."

In America, Brazil, and Nigeria, Philippians 4:8 came out as the frontrunner.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, and Australia were captivated by Jeremiah 29:11 this year.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/29/most-popular-bible-verse-2014_n_6350212.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

post-3989-0-83761900-1419887990_thumb.jp

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Interest in using the Bible App surged over the past year in several surprising places. The highest amount of growth in activity -- in terms of reading, sharing, bookmarking, etc. -- was found in Israel, according to YouVersion founder Bobby Gruenewald. After that came South Sudan, then the Republic of Suriname in South America, Iraq and Macedonia.

OK. Now this is something i find interesting. I didn't know that people here read the bible online. I hope that this is true, because it's really rare to find someone who really reads the bible, although they all claim to be christians.