JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

April 2015 Study WT now available for download

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3416 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Nice articles about training. Seems to be in harmony with info brought out at conventions last year. Need to stop the "DISENGAGEMENT" when some brothers seem to pay no attention to them.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I have to say, my elders are pretty awesome in trying to encourage brothers to reach out, older ones and younger ones.

My son is 16 was baptized last June, and I am amazed at how much he is already doing in the congregation and how the elders are working with him.  I know other parents in my hall have said the same thing about the elders in regards to their young sons.  I also know the elders in my congregation reach out to the brothers who have been baptized for many years but yet are not serving as an MS, they really spend time trying to find out why they are not serving and to see if there is anything they can do to help them reach out.

Our elders really do not take no for an answer.  Whenever they ask my son to do something, and my son is like "I'm not sure I'm ready for that" the elders always say "of course you are ready, we wouldn't ask you if you weren't ready"  then my son always just says "ok, I will do it"  They also spend time with the young brothers on a personal level.  One elder who has his own business hired my son for some work couple weeks back.  My son enjoyed it and said he and the brother had some good conversations about his future goals.  

My elders though do that with all in the congregation.  Whenever we have special Aux Pioneering Campaigns, my secretary just hands out Aux Pioneer slips to everyone.  If you say to him "I wasn't sure I was going to Aux Pioneer this month" my secretary says "You know you want too, just do it, don't think about it, just sign it now and give it back to me" lol.

It's nice though to see these articles.  I know the elders are super busy and I thank Jehovah every day that I am a sister, but the organization needs brothers to step up more.  So this is probably a good reminder for the elders.  

It was the case in my former congregation. I was a foreigner in a japanese congregation and the elders were always present and encouraging.

Before having a participation, after... after the meeting with a little mail... Full of love and advices. And I know this was like this especially with all the young brothers in the congreg. So nice.

This congregation is really really good. It is famous in the whole area of north Osaka. I miss them. :)

I see hardly nobody commenting on this. Since, we will be covering the first 2 articles in beginning of June, 2015, then I wonder how many is going to raise their hands up during the WT study? No need to be scared.

Nice point. I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I'll be respectful to the arrangement. Lol ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Ava, I'm real glad you have overseers like that! Refreshing! ☺

I have to say, my elders are pretty awesome in trying to encourage brothers to reach out, older ones and younger ones.

My son is 16 was baptized last June, and I am amazed at how much he is already doing in the congregation and how the elders are working with him.  I know other parents in my hall have said the same thing about the elders in regards to their young sons.  I also know the elders in my congregation reach out to the brothers who have been baptized for many years but yet are not serving as an MS, they really spend time trying to find out why they are not serving and to see if there is anything they can do to help them reach out.

Our elders really do not take no for an answer.  Whenever they ask my son to do something, and my son is like "I'm not sure I'm ready for that" the elders always say "of course you are ready, we wouldn't ask you if you weren't ready"  then my son always just says "ok, I will do it"  They also spend time with the young brothers on a personal level.  One elder who has his own business hired my son for some work couple weeks back.  My son enjoyed it and said he and the brother had some good conversations about his future goals.  

My elders though do that with all in the congregation.  Whenever we have special Aux Pioneering Campaigns, my secretary just hands out Aux Pioneer slips to everyone.  If you say to him "I wasn't sure I was going to Aux Pioneer this month" my secretary says "You know you want too, just do it, don't think about it, just sign it now and give it back to me" lol.

It's nice though to see these articles.  I know the elders are super busy and I thank Jehovah every day that I am a sister, but the organization needs brothers to step up more.  So this is probably a good reminder for the elders.  

Ava

Thanks for sharing this experiance. Very positive and upbuilding too.