JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Video: A way to Never Miss Reading the Daily Text on your iPhone or iPad

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3373 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi Friends,

It always drove me nuts when I would find myself half-way through the day and I hadn't read the daily text. So, I wanted to find a way to always make sure the text was part of my morning routine. The app Launch Center Pro will launch the daily text for you every day at a time you specify. Here is a video I made showing how to set it up:

Launch Center Pro is great for automatically opening apps and scheduling other actions for you. I'd like to hear if any of you are using it. And if so, what have you found particularly useful?

Would have loved to use this...Do the daily text when waiting for my ride every morning but often need to review it throughout the day unless I get to talk about it with someone. But am an Android user and do not have any Apple product ... Is it in Google store too?

I take care of it by having two other sisters share the text with me in three words. I do the same. the phone dings a message, and i haven't read the text, I get going. In reality, if I am up early, I send off that text with great glee! And, with having to think how to express the text in three words makes it stick in my mind.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Would have loved to use this...Do the daily text when waiting for my ride every morning but often need to review it throughout the day unless I get to talk about it with someone. But am an Android user and do not have any Apple product ... Is it in Google store too?

Hi, great question! I don't use Android but there apps might work for you:

Llama, Tasker, and AutomateIt.  However, you'll have to figure out which one will work for you and your phone.

I send out daily to about 75 people.

Daily to 75? Hat off!

Must be quite something if they all get back to you every day too eh?

The closest to that in my life are the daily emails from work (average 15 daily may be) and it is already kind of overwhelming!

Of course, spiritual things are different but just can't imagine having 75 people replying me back every day. Sounds awesome!