JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

bad weather in the States

Micah, you just took me back to the school days. Remember the formula to convert - °C x 9/5 + 32 = °F or (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C :?

Why does the US have different measurements for everything than everyone else. Remember when we were in school and they said, by the time we grow up the US will be converted to metric? Well .......:whistling:

note: I alwasy went with the quick - double the °C and add 32 or subtract 32 from °F and then half. So, 25 double = 50 + 32 = 82 an that is nice.

Yes, I remember that....the same for miles/kilometers.......I think they may have changed their mind on converting. But if they did convert to metric, I would be in trouble.Your formula above makes no sense to me at all. :S

The death toll from this storm line across Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee is upwards of 300, and still rising. Entire communities appear to be wiped out. I am praying for our brothers and sisters, and praying we don't see more of these monster storms. We are just entering the season for these.

US storms: Barack Obama to visit tornado-hit Tuscaloosa

President Barack Obama is to visit storm-ravaged communities in Alabama as south-eastern US states face up to the aftermath of devastating storms.

At least 297 people are known to have died from tornadoes that ripped through a swathe of states, 204 in Alabama.

Mr Obama will visit Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where a twister thought to be a mile wide ploughed through the city.

He has pledged government support for storm-hit communities, with federal aid money being sent to Alabama.

Deaths and widespread devastation are also reported in Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia and Virginia.

On Thursday the president hailed rescue workers and said he stood with every American affected by the "catastrophic" storms.

A state of emergency has been declared in seven states, and federal aid money is being sent to Alabama.

full article and video....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13235808

At least 297 people are known to have died from tornadoes that ripped through a swathe of states, 204 in Alabama.......................

Deaths and widespread devastation are also reported in Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia and Virginia..........

Oh'! may we continue to pray for our fellow believers that are in those area.

well in Porto, portugal from where im from the weather is great its sunny, 25º, the wind is calm and the birds are singing.

25º????????????????? And that's nice??????????? Here that is snowing!!!!! Wow........

25º C that is 77º F!!!!:lol1:

note: I alwasy went with the quick - double the °C and add 32 or subtract 32 from °F and then half. So, 25 double = 50 + 32 = 82 an that is nice.

:uhhuh:

See? That is the problem with the metric system, two people using two different formulas, come up with two different answers! :laugh:

By the way, I recorded that with my phone on it's dashmount just the other day

Bob...you're driving on the wrong side of the road....

we have had the warmest easter holiday period on record in the UK :sunshine:

I have to disagree ... it appears to me Bob is going the same way the rest of the traffic on his side of the road! LOL

The last 2 bad storms (with tornadoes) skipped right over our area here in upstate South Carolina (USA). Makes me wonder if that had something to do with my prayers!