JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

bad weather in the States

i was thinking if it would be possible to start a thread on the horrific weather that we are having here in the States. could you brothers and sisters affected please give us updates on how you are all doing? also, any friends in need of assistance? the news here is mostly focused on the 'royal wedding' which is of no interest or priority (to me, anyway).

I heard that due to tornadoes in North Carolina some congregations had to change the memorial arrangements. Some met at their respective field service group homes and had their memorials there. Can you imagine - already getting started for the great tribulation.

I hope no one has been hurt.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Some met at their respective field service group homes and had their memorials there. Can you imagine - already getting started for the great tribulation.

this if off topic: but when we go out in field service, one sister makes it a point, to point out the homes of all the sisters and brothers in the congregation, she says that we need to know where each other lives when the GT begins.

nice and sunny here.:)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Here in Ohio it is nice n sunny!!! The old saying goes "Always calm before the storm!!!"

The sun is a freak occurrence Micah. You know as well as I do that it seemed like it always looks like this...

By the way, I recorded that with my phone on it's dashmount just the other day :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Well, Dianne,

As you already know from me, N.E. Oklahoma got pounded with several days of VERY heavy rains and we had quite a bit of flooding in our county.

http://www.newson6.com/story/14507912/major-flooding-along-the-illinois-river-in-cherokee-county

Some roads, especially near rivers, were flooded which affects the friends in those areas. A brother who has a float trip business along the river is affected as well. Last time the river flooded like this the water came up to the tops of the restrooms and several of the resort cabins were flooded. He moves his canoes and rafts out of harms way with the help of other employees who are also brothers & sisters so there is much work to be done.

There have been instances of individuals who had to be rescued from home and cars and there have been deaths reported, as well as widespread damage. Apparently our nearby river has finally crested at 25 ft and Lake Tenkiller lake's flood control pool is more than half full.

This wicked weather pattern will continue off and on and affects, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri. The storms are heading east and currently the front line runs from Ohio to Alabama.

To those who may experience flooding in their area I offer this reminder. Two inches of flowing water can knock you off of your feet and only a few inches more can move your car. So be careful. Do not attempt to cross flooded roads. If you get stuck. Stay in your vehicle and call for help. Above all, Be safe.

Bob...you're driving on the wrong side of the road....

I just love that! Thanks - you made my day :flowers:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Bob...you're driving on the wrong side of the road....

Give you an inch, and you take a mile.

Oh, you probably don't even know what those are :raspberry:

"I give you a centimenter, you take a kilometer" just doesn't have the same ring to it :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I live in Texas and we have been under severe drought conditions for the last several years. We have had so many wildfires in the last month or so, about a million acres destroyed. One of the largest, Possum Kingdom Fire, is located about 2 hours west of me. Possum Kingdom is a beautiful area, part of it is a State Park, it has a lake, hiking, camping and tons of wildlife. We have gone swimming and camping there many times. I'm so upset by the fire over there. In the last week, there have been storms almost daily, and some tornadoes all around where I live. Last week, we had our tornado sirens going off on Wednesday I think. The rain is a welcome relief as we have had alot less rainfall the last few years, prompting dry soil. It has also been super windy the last month, almost daily, which between the wind and drought conditions, the fires got out of hand.

So here in TX, the last couple of months have been a bit crazy.

I personally have not heard of any Kingdom Halls being damaged due to fires.

i was thinking if it would be possible to start a thread on the horrific weather that we are having here in the States. could you brothers and sisters affected please give us updates on how you are all doing? also, any friends in need of assistance? the news here is mostly focused on the 'royal wedding' which is of no interest or priority (to me, anyway).

I live in northeast Ohio and we have had alot of rainy days/partially rainy days. No tornadoes though as some in the south have had and in the Mid-West. It is the wettest spring that I can remember. The weather patterns are definitely messed up.

I live in northeast Ohio and we have had alot of rainy days/partially rainy days. No tornadoes though as some in the south have had and in the Mid-West. It is the wettest spring that I can remember. The weather patterns are definitely messed up. I've not heard of so many tornadoes in one storm either. I am hoping for nicer weather for May....April showers bring May flowers as the expression goes. :)

I live in northeast Ohio and we have had alot of rainy days/partially rainy days. No tornadoes though as some in the south have had and in the Mid-West. It is the wettest spring that I can remember. The weather patterns are definitely messed up. I've not heard of so many tornadoes in one storm either. I am hoping for nicer weather for May....April showers bring May flowers as the expression goes. :)

here on the central coast of california our weather has been on the chilly side but sunny and clear. yesterday it was actually a beautiful day with a warming trend today thru the weekend. perfect for service! i have been trying to keep my eyes on our friends in the severe weather zone as flooding and tornadoes are hitting hard! i have a few friends in the areas hardest hit.

one thing for sure, our weather is very weird and it easy to see how Jehovah will use the natural elements to cleanse the earth in due time. in the meantime, keep our brothers in our prayers!

Sunny, clear and warm here in Alaska. Of course when it gets near 50 degrees F, we are running around on the beach barefoot and in shorts. Nothing to report except, oh yeah, we had an earthquake at 12:33 PM on Monday. It was a real nice one, the whole house just swayed, creaked a bit, and rolled for about 30 seconds and slowly faded away.

here on the central coast of california our weather has been on the chilly side but sunny and clear. yesterday it was actually a beautiful day with a warming trend today thru the weekend. perfect for service! i have been trying to keep my eyes on our friends in the severe weather zone as flooding and tornadoes are hitting hard! i have a few friends in the areas hardest hit.

one thing for sure, our weather is very weird and it easy to see how Jehovah will use the natural elements to cleanse the earth in due time. in the meantime, keep our brothers in our prayers!

Will do, Dianne, thankyou for the reminder.....hope all is well for our brothers and sisters who live in those areas. :sunshine:

http://www.jwbrothers.org/videos/2983/jehovah's-witnesses-in-alabama-tornado-birmingham,-al-tornado-april

I just did see this video...

Here in Finland where I live is now beautiful weather,+13 C and sun shines.

Sometimes we have in summer some thunderstorms, but nothing like this....what we can see on the video.

Hope all is soon OK..:scared:

well in Porto, portugal from where im from the weather is great its sunny, 25º, the wind is calm and the birds are singing.

25º????????????????? And that's nice??????????? Here that is snowing!!!!! Wow........

Micah, you just took me back to the school days. Remember the formula to convert - °C x 9/5 + 32 = °F or (°F - 32) x 5/9 = °C :?

Why does the US have different measurements for everything than everyone else. Remember when we were in school and they said, by the time we grow up the US will be converted to metric? Well .......:whistling:

note: I alwasy went with the quick - double the °C and add 32 or subtract 32 from °F and then half. So, 25 double = 50 + 32 = 82 an that is nice.

Soon .....

well in Porto, portugal from where im from the weather is great its sunny, 25º, the wind is calm and the birds are singing.

25º????????????????? And that's nice??????????? Here that is snowing!!!!! Wow........

25º C that is 77º F!!!!:lol1:

25º C that is 77º F!!!!:lol1:

note: I alwasy went with the quick - double the °C and add 32 or subtract 32 from °F and then half. So, 25 double = 50 + 32 = 82 an that is nice.

See? That is the problem with the metric system, two people using two different formulas, come up with two different answers! :laugh: