JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

just had a flyer put through the door for local elections from the "Christian Party "

Well this is a first...

just had a flyer put through the door for local elections from the "Christian Party" (Wales)

Statement of Purpose

"The primary purpose of the Christian Party “Proclaiming Christ’s Lordship”, known in Wales as The Christian Party (Wales), is to proclaim the Lordship of Christ. The party also exists to empower those who confess “Jesus Christ as Lord!” to serve Him in the political sphere."

"As a Christian party we care about all sectors of society. However we do not agree that religion and politics don’t mix. That is an excuse that allows the church to renege on their responsibilities and gives the humanists a reason to keep Gods truth out of government. Nothing is outside our remit as the word says that ‘The government is in God’s hands’ God has appointed the leaders and those in authority in this nation. He has given them his authority to rule the country with truth, honesty and justice. (Dan 4:25). But somewhere things have gone wrong."...

I have never known this before in the UK...anyone from the UK know about this....and other countries do you have religions

openly standing for government...?

Nothing is outside our remit as the word says that ‘The government is in God’s hands’ God has appointed the leaders and those in authority in this nation. He has given them his authority to rule the country with truth, honesty and justice. (Dan 4:25).."...

I wish I could correct their misapplication of some scriptures. 8-)

I've never heard of it, Sian. Must be one of those weird things they do in Wales!

:D

actually Christopher...this is just the Welsh division...their website...says it is a UK thing...they are the "Christian Party" “Proclaiming Christ’s Lordship”...in the UK!

I've never heard of it, Sian. Must be one of those weird things they do in Wales!

:D

actually Christopher...this is just the Welsh division...their website...says it is a UK thing...they are the "Christian Party" “Proclaiming Christ’s Lordship”...in the UK!

Oh dear! They're coming to take us away, ha ha.

I can't wait for their 'canvassers' to turn up on my doorstep" :D That would be an interesting turn-around.

never heard of them sian... will wait for them behind the door with a bible teach book! :D

we have elections around maidstone today.... dont know what for as im not interested but what i am interested in is the churches all aound are the polling stations.. i know its obvious but it really hit me today... how wrapped up in the whole politics of satans system christendom is... even on the priphery out here in the middle of the kent countryside theyre hand in hand.

Oh dear! They're coming to take us away, ha ha.

ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa

To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be

happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're

coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!

I havn't heard that one in a while (tu)