JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

McDonald's...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3333 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well, I tell ya. It seems I have new feelings on the subject now. Today a sister and I were at a mall here and witnessed a security officer trying to prevent a teenager from getting in. It worked though with much anger.

Anyway, security came over to talk with us (they were sooo respectful), the McDonald's situation came up and the sister and I were told it's all gang related. We knew that yet were not prepared for security's next words, at least I wasn't. "They're bloods." Our (mine) mouths hung open. Not only that but we were told that yesterday, Monday, a similar situation occurred at the mall's McDonald.

Anyway, after they left us to continue their security duties, all of a sudden we heard loud noise and horses stampeding toward the exit with shouting. It was what seemed like hundreds of teens running and the malls security running after them. I saw one officer tackle one boy to the floor and took him away. Another sister feels that they were being chased out of the mall. I don't think it was that simple for why would the boy have to be tackled to the floor if they were merely being chased out? I believe something went down that we didn't see.

So the sister and I both agreed that if we go back to the mall for service, we'll leave before or at the time the kids get out of school. Things always happen at around that time. It's a shame. There was a time when they didn't want us witnessing there. Now it's obviously okay as long as we're discreet. They (security), actually greet us and smile. But now it's getting dangerous there. We like to go there because of the weather. Now if we want to stay out later until it gets warm, we'll have to find another spot.

Ann and myself went to a McDonald's after a meeting, with a few other sisters.

The 2 of us sat facing out (Ann works at a detention centre, I've worked at the local prison).

We saw a girl run in, watching the outside.

A few minutes later a group of girls came in and started yelling at her.

Everyone backed off - I also believe it is McDonald's policy not to get involved, but phone the police straight away.

The thing turned into a fight straightaway - and Ann just went into automotive mode.

She pulled them apart and stood between them, yelling at the aggressors to go outside.

(to distract them and defuse the situation)

There were a number of older people, young kids there; all in close proximity to these girls.

It just makes me wonder about the security for other people.

I kept an eye on Ann and was ready to step in if she needed it; but the girls decided to leave.

I felt proud of Ann because her concern was for other people there, wanting to end it before it started and limit the risk to others.

Afterwards, she gave a statement to McDonald's staff - and no, the police still hadn't arrived.

Edited by 50gumbys