JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

i)I went to the Bank today. It shares adjacent parking spaces with a church, which adamantly enforces 'No bank parking on their spaces.' This afternoon, the church was having some,kind of Party (door open) perhaps father's day and were using up the bank's spaces. Yes, the bank was closed, but ATM users were not able to easily access their own bank on a rainy day.

ii) There is a church in town that offers courses for a high price and issues Masters of Divinity/Theology credentials. One of my high school students was taking this course. Ironically,he could not read or pass high school math, yet was earning a Masters degree with no high school completion. The new graduates are then able to open their own spin-off church and collect tithes.

iii) I had seen some people in front of a different church, speaking boisterously. One churchman yelled across the street, "See! I'm doing the lords' work on my day off." I believe he had on a banana yellow suit and hat, so it was quite conspicuous and he didn't really need to yell for passers-by to "See!" How could you miss him?

iv). There is a local church that, for years, had a sign in front that said Churh. My husband, not a witness, once saw a couple of men outside and asked why they had spelled 'church' incorrectly. They answered that it had been that way for years and nobody ever noticed. Well, we witnesses had noticed, but did not bring it up. Its replacement sign spelled 'church' correctly. Right now it is condemned and surrounded by yellow crime tape. Being my nosy self, I walked up to scope out the situation. Obviously, one of the parishioners from the side parking lot had driven his/her car through the side of the 'churh.' That side is completely falling in from the roof and concrete walls and the damage has spread to the front of the building and the sidewalk.I read the signs that local officials had put up in front and one said structurally unsafe and unsound due to impact with car. SHE really is falling. 

v) another church in that little area built a wooden ramp. It now has yellow crime tape around it. It may not have passed code, but these little churches are involved with local bureaus and usually are not kept to code. Are tides turning?

I hope no persons were hurt in these last two examples.

One churchman yelled across the street, "See! I'm doing the lords' work on my day off." I believe he had on a banana yellow suit and hat, so it was quite conspicuous and he didn't really need to yell for passers-by to "See!" How could you miss him?

Was that the Christian Church of Chiquita?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

When we lived near Tamworth, almost 25 years ago, the big Anglican church in town had problems with their huge steeple... it sorely needed a lot of maintenance...

They applied for a large sum of assistance from the government to carry out the work.

Meanwhile, at the little town where we lived, about 15 miles out of town, all the little churches got sold up and turned into homes.

When we lived near Tamworth, almost 25 years ago, the big Anglican church in town had problems with their huge steeple... it sorely needed a lot of maintenance...

They applied for a large sum of assistance from the government to carry out the work.

Meanwhile, at the little town where we lived, about 15 miles out of town, all the little churches got sold up and turned into homes.

There is a beautiful town in NH, USA, called Tamworth. It is in New England and I believe gets it's name indirectly from the river Thames.  It is very green and lush. Near that is the town of Chocurua, which has well traveled hiking trails and is frequently photographed for calendars and magazines . From there, one could see the Old Man In The Mountain,a rock formation in Franconia Notch, White Mountains. In 2003, the man disappeared.  I lived there at that time. Now you see him, now you don't. There was at least one abandoned Church (typical white church) over the line in Maine, that had never been used in the 20 years I lived in that area.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_of_the_Mountain

I did not realize how many abandoned churches there are in the world,until I looked up some of them. According to physical and chronological evidence as well as the Revelation Climax book, Babylon the great had begun to fall at least by 1918.  Here are some pics. Their houses are abandoned to them.http://www.buzzfeed.com/dianabruk/xx-beautiful-abandoned-churches-around-the-world#.jfzq2e46lq

The house I live in used to be a church. We even have a water fountain in the hallway!

When we first moved here I felt a little bit creeped out but its great. And super for friends, lots of room to spread out.

Buy up those old churches, make great houses!

post-1083-0-22550800-1435100156_thumb.jp

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Here's a few more abandoned churches and a few more reasons: War, Cave-ins, Flooding. My Thursday morning Bible Student has an old abandoned white country type church in her neighborhood. It has a cemetery in back and I have placed lit when people are visiting their relative's graves. A few years back, one neighborhood doo-gooder had it  (the church) placed on the National Register. My B Student  has spent many fruitless hours trying to see if it can be restored. She is not deep enough in her study to see the differences yet. Satan will do anything to distract people.  https://www.pinterest.com/dkevans41/abandoned-churches-in-usa/Cheryl your home looks beautiful. See, those buildings aren't completely worthless. 

Thanks Pauline, it is pretty and the way I like it best is with friends in it.

It's shaped like Noah's ark and not something with stained glass or anything. But the ceilings are really high, simple floor plan and it's roomy.

In a nearby town there's an old church, had a steeple they removed, that was converted into a home. People still think it's a church and try to go in. Some buildings are really hard to convert so that they look more like a home.

Oh and we don't have a cemetery out back either!! 

Maybe suggest to your BS that being on the register is a job unto itself. It's an incredible amount of work to qualify, and stay qualified.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Strangely enough, out in field service this morning I came across one!

Here it is:

post-4283-0-98025600-1435144191_thumb.jp

It's just been moved and set in place on a vineyard on the Granite Belt.

Note that it's been located on a large rock? I wonder if that's an indication of some kind of biblical connection... 'built on a rock mass'?

At this stage it's impossible to say what its purpose might be. The home is just visible to the left, while behind these buildings is the wine-making facility.

It could be the old church has been imported to create a winery. It could be they want their own place of worship. It takes all kinds, of course, and most kinds can be found in our territory!