JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Korean Historical Films

Hello to all

Recently I have been watching some Korean serial films and shows (from television drama) made several years ago.  I am truely enjoying the clean ones (no fighting, screaming and killing).  I just saw one last week about a young girl who's parents die, and she goes to the Royal Palace and becomes a Palace Maiden.  She learns how to cook and later becomes the greatest female physican in Korea History.  I think the story was based on half truths and a lot of fiction (cooking school).  The show or drama won a lot of awards, and so did the actresses and actors, along with the writer of the story and directior.   It was nice to watch, at least I could read the subtitles in English.  Another story I liked was called Yi San.  The music from that was sensational!   I like opera, and that is what it sounded like.  I think that story on the King was partial fiction as well as historical.  Anyone in here from Korea who knowns about these stories?   One of them Prince Sado, made me think of JW.Broadcasting when they showed a sister who's husband was opposed for many years, and the title to that story was "Saul of Sado."   Sado, to me was the name of the Crown Prince Sado who (through the eyes of the flim) his father had him put to death. 

Edited by allabord4jah

Hello to all

Recently I have been watching some Korean serial films and shows (from television drama) made several years ago.  I am truely enjoying the clean ones (no fighting, screaming and killing).  I just saw one last week about a young girl who's parents die, and she goes to the Royal Palace and becomes a Palace Maiden.  She learns how to cook and later becomes the greatest female physican in Korea History.  I think the story was based on half truths and a lot of fiction (cooking school).  The show or drama won a lot of awards, and so did the actresses and actors, along with the writer of the story and directior.   It was nice to watch, at least I could read the subtitles in English.  Another story I liked was called Yi San.  The music from that was sensational!   I like opera, and that is what it sounded like.  I think that story on the King was partial fiction as well as historical.  Anyone in here from Korea who knowns about these stories?   One of them Prince Sado, made me think of JW.Broadcasting when they showed a sister who's husband was opposed for many years, and the title to that story was "Saul of Sado."   Sado, to me was the name of the Crown Prince Sado who (through the eyes of the flim) his father had him put to death. 

I'm fascinated by historical dramas of the world, including the long Korean Dynasty that is represented in this series. 안녕하세요. [an-nyeong-ha-se-yo] YS