JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Convention dates for 2016

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2755 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi everyone.

I know its a little bit premature, but does anyone know how I can find out the dates of when the regional convention in Ireland will be? I know they are usually announced at the beginning of the year. I couldn't see anything on jw.org.

I doubt they will be posted on the website till after a letter is read in January telling you where your assigned convention will be.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Margaret all of the US Regional Conventions are finished for 2015. In January we will receive the letter for the 2016 conventions.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
49 minutes ago, jaredcook said:

just curious if this jw2016.org website has been authorized by Governing Body

Do we have some reason to believe it has not? At the bottom of the page you will find links to jw.org, the jw.org copyright legal notice page, the jw.org terms of use, and the Society's privacy policy.

On that Privacy Policy page it says (among other things)...

This website is owned by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., to provide information about special conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

. . .

This is the official website for the 2016 Special Conventions of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

That jw2016.org site has been up for quite some time now, since maybe the beginning of the year. If none of the things stated on that site were true, no doubt the Society's legal department would be taking action.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for bringing our attention to the privacy policy etc etc.. I didn't see that information at the bottom of the jw2016 website.

Obviously looks legit :)

Initially, I guess I was looking for some kind of link on the jw.org website sending people to the jw2016 site, or some kind of  mention of this website in any recent article.. neither of  which I could locate.

Thanks again. :)