JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bug in JW Library? (iPad)

I've noticed something odd and want to see if any others are experiencing the same thing, before I submit a bug report.

This only happens on my iPad running iOS 9, with the latest JW Library update (the one with highlighting).

1. In landscape mode: open the latest Watchtower Study article.

2. Tap a scripture reference in the article, so it opens in the right pane.

3. Tap the scripture in the right pane so it opens in the Bible.

4. Highlight a portion of that scripture

5. Tap the back button, so you return to the study article

The problem you might now encounter is that you can't scroll the study article.

Has anyone experienced this? Or, can anyone replicate this?

It doesn't happen on my iPhone, but then the additional panes are handled a little differently.

[EDIT] This doesn't happen every time, so it might be a bit hard to track down.

Edited by niall

Sorry, no problems for me. I'm running the same specs you are running and haven't experienced anything you described.

It doesn't happen all the time.

I'm still on the iOS Beta program so might be an issue with Apple's latest Beta update.

I've noticed something odd and want to see if any others are experiencing the same thing, before I submit a bug report.

This only happens on my iPad running iOS 9, with the latest JW Library update (the one with highlighting).

1. In landscape mode: open the latest Watchtower Study article.

2. Tap a scripture reference in the article, so it opens in the right pane.

3. Tap the scripture in the right pane so it opens in the Bible.

4. Highlight a portion of that scripture

5. Tap the back button, so you return to the study article

The problem you might now encounter is that you can't scroll the study article.

Has anyone experienced this? Or, can anyone replicate this?

It doesn't happen on my iPhone, but then the additional panes are handled a little differently.

[EDIT] This doesn't happen every time, so it might be a bit hard to track down.

Brother, I d/l'd the January 2016 WT, I can open the scripture in the Right pane, but I cannot highlight any part of the scripture.  While the scripture is open, I can continue to scroll the article.  I don't even have to use the back button.  

Brother, I d/l'd the January 2016 WT, I can open the scripture in the Right pane, but I cannot highlight any part of the scripture. While the scripture is open, I can continue to scroll the article. I don't even have to use the back button.

Thanks for trying.

In the following screenshot I've selected John 3:16 in the paragraph. That scripture is showing in the right pane.

f50af49b1b96ae1eb13f984fb544dc47.jpg

If you tap "John 3:16" in the right pane (it acts as a hyperlink) it opens to the Bible at full screen.

25b79357e686377c40f39192d54e7622.jpg

Now you can highlight a portion of the scripture. Then, once done, tap the "< In What Ways Does Je..." (top left corner) to go back to the article.

It doesn't lock up all the time. The procedure seems to be ...

1. Highlight text in paragraph

2. Tap scripture reference in paragraph

3. Open the scripture in the Bible (by tapping the hyperlink in the right pane)

4. Highlight some text in that scripture

5. Tap the hyperlink in the top left corner to return to the article

It may well be because I'm running a Beta version of iOS 9.x. I just figure, with so many other iPad users on this forum, someone might be able to replicate the problem.

I'll submit a bug report soon. I'd just like to gather as much info as I can to help them track down the problem.

I am having a hard time following this, the tech genuis that i am. If something goofy happens on my ipad, I do a hard shut off, and when it is back, it uasually behaves itself!

I do have to admit I am having a hard time exploring the new update. I used to appreciate the red highlighting of the scripture i was reading. Now, it is just bolder. but the thing I have not figured out how to do is to copy and paste several scriptures at once. I can do it with Equipped, but, there, my challenge is to add the NWT to his list of bibles. You can see, I do a lot of, "make-do"!

Edited by Miss Bea

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I am having a hard time following this, the tech genuis that i am. If something goofy happens on my ipad, I do a hard shut off, and when it is back, it uasually behaves itself!

I do have to admit I am having a hard time exploring the new update. I used to appreciate the red highlighting of the scripture i was reading. Now, it is just bolder. but the thing I have not figured out how to do is to copy and paste several scriptures at once. I can do it with Equipped, but, there, my challenge is to add the NWT to his list of bibles. You can see, I do a lot of, "make-do"!

If you go to download the nwt from jw.org, you should have the option to "open in"..... EQuip'd Bible. That is how I put it in.

Of course there are now other Bibles available on the Equip'd bible support forum.