JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Best and Easiest Dessert Ever::raspberry:raspberry::raspberry:

Okay friends, even you ones who don't like to cook---you still like to eat don't you? :raspberry: This was made and brought by a sister who we all know can not cook and hates to cook. No one could believe she made it. Here goes: Chocolate Eclair Pie Take two packages of instant french vanilla pudding and mix with 4 cups of cold milk---fold in 1 large (biggest container they make) of Cool Whip, Take a package of whole graham crackers and lay side by side--end to end- in a 9-13 pan. Spread the pudding/whip cream mixture on top. Add a second layer of graham crackers (whole not crumbled) on to of the pudding mixture. Take a can of chocolate frosting (already prepared next to the cake mixes in your grocery isle) and heat for 60 seconds in the microwave. Then pour and spread over top layer of crackers. Now refrigerate for 8 hrs or over night. The pudding mixture turns the crackers into a crust. This is so good and easy to make and not that expensive either. Try it please.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I have to ask what a Graham Cracker is... :S

In the US it is a sweet cracker that you can eat as it is or put peanut butter on it or something like that. I'm not sure what would be the equivalent of it in your country. It is a square, crunchy, thin, cracker that usually is used for desserts or snacks:coffee:. I think it gets it's name from the flour that is used to make it. (graham flour)

I think you could use any flat cookie or wafer made with whole wheat flour. The definition in Word Web is: Semisweet whole-wheat cracker.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

When I was growing they were one of the staple food groups for all grade school kids! They are great to dip in a cold glass of milk!

43482=1864-grahamcracker.jpg

There ya go. That's exactly what it is. :popcorn:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

In the US it is a sweet cracker that you can eat as it is or put peanut butter on it or something like that. I'm not sure what would be the equivalent of it in your country. It is a square, crunchy, thin, cracker that usually is used for desserts or snacks:coffee:. I think it gets it's name from the flour that is used to make it. (graham flour)

I thing you could use any flat cookie or wafer made with whole wheat flour. The definition in Word Web is: Semisweet whole-wheat cracker.

Thanks Vernalee.... the only thing we have here that is square is a non descript cracker called a cream cracker but it definitly isn't sweet... its kind of bland....I think the problem I have in this country is we just don't have all the instant pie fillings or frostings etc: and what is cool whip... is it cream ??

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I thing you could use any flat cookie or wafer made with whole wheat flour. The definition in Word Web is: Semisweet whole-wheat cracker.

Thanks Vernalee.... the only thing we have here that is square is a non descript cracker called a cream cracker but it definitly isn't sweet... its kind of bland....I think the problem I have in this country is we just don't have all the instant pie fillings or frostings etc: and what is cool whip... is it cream ??

Fake whipped cream, made with chemicals.

Anniebea, I did a little looking on the web for a possible substitute for graham crackers in your area & this is what I found:

*Digestive biscuits and Graham crackers

These two items are fairly different, but are used similarly (e.g. to make crumb crusts for a cheesecake). Graham crackers are sweeter, and are available in different flavors (e.g. cinnamon, chocolate). Digestive biscuits are richer, and while slightly sweet, are often used eaten with cheese. They are also available coated on one side with milk chocolate or dark chocolate. Digestive biscuits are common in the Northeast United States, served with tea. Peek Frean is a common brand in the United States, however the original producer McVities still produces the biscuit in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_English_food_terms

As for CoolWhip which is a brand of non-dairy whipped topping in the US that comes in a tub, it is not available in the UK but you could use simulated cream which comes as a liquid or in a packet that you mix with milk and whip it yourself.

We have a family recipe that is very similar to this and yes it is so easy and delicious to make.

The variation we do is :

Use chocolate or butterscotch flavoured cooked type (not instant) pudding made with milk as package directs but no cool whip mixed in, layer between two layers of graham crackers, cover dish with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight, next day top with real whipped cream, decorate with chocolate shavings if desired.

YUM! Always a hit!

We do have packets of Instant Whip or what's also called Angel Delight in UK that comes in little packets and you add them to 3/4 pint of milk and whisk until they go really thick or set and come in all sorts of flavours including vanilla.

We have a yummy recipe that came from a boy's school Eton that was easy enough for the boys to make.It's called Eton Mess: Bowl full of strawberries. Stir in broken chunks of ready made meringue then carefully stir in thick cream or Whip and serve.:infatuated:

They are great to dip in a cold glass of milk!

43482=1864-grahamcracker.jpg

And don't forget their best use... S'mores. ;) A piece of Hershey's chocolate, a toasted marshmallow sandwiched between two graham crackers... the best.