JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New airline, is this a joke ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3177 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam#/media/File%3AApostasy_laws_in_2013.SVG

In the years 1985-2006, four individuals were executed by governments for apostasy. [21] Twenty-three Muslim-majority countries, as of 2013, additionally covered apostasy in Islam through their criminal laws.[30]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam#/image/File:Muslim_majority_countries_and_death_penalty_for_apostasy.png

maby non governmental mobs are killing poeple.

First off, I doubt that is an even slightly accurate statistic.

Second of all, it doesn't include how many murders and "honour-killings" were condoned, ignored or mildly punished by the governments or not even thoroughly investigated. Killings where the perpetrators were taking the "law" a.k.a. Sharia into their own hands. Again, I feel we are downplaying a very, very scary religious law system. Death for apostasy is clearly regulated in Sharia.

EDIT:

I have checked the source for this number

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/weekinreview/26elliott.html

An official of the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, an advisory body created by Congress, said he knew of only four such cases: one in Sudan in 1985; two in Iran, in 1989 and 1998; and one in Saudi Arabia in 1992.

A NY times journalists calls a guy at the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom and asks him and he says "he only knows of four such cases" is hardly any thing to base a number on to make a statement like

In the years 1985-2006, four individuals were executed by governments for apostasy.

This is why you never trust wikipedia!

Edited by ChocoBro

The map clearly says which countries have the death penalty.  so i'm not sure what you mean by down play.  and you are talking to witnesses who should be willing to listen.  but if your just gonna get into someones face all your gonna get is walls.  no one will want to listen.

I'm going to try to organize what I think brother Ruben is stressed about...what I think he is tired of is the fact that some have decided to do as the worldly governments and laws state to be politically correct and not state the fact that all other religions are false and wrong, in my opinion it is appalling to our brother for us not to hate what Jehovah hates as the scriptures state.

I have found it very difficult too because I one hand we want to try to save everyone we can which means we must be open to talking with all types of people from all backgrounds but that does not mean that we condone or are in agreement with their practices.

Showing love to all men, I believe, means we are willing to help them learn about Jehovah.

Ps 97:10 O you who love Jehovah, hate what is bad. He is guarding the lives of his loyal ones; He rescues them from the hand of the wicked.

Joh 7:7 The world has no reason to hate you, but it hates me, because I bear witness about it that its works are wicked.

Political correctness is not what Jehovah wanted us to have that is why the world will hate us because we do not condone everything and everyone's actions.

I think brother Ruben has a good heart and is trying to let us understand that we need to be careful not to blur the edges of what is right and wrong in Jehovah's eyes.

If there is another flight we could take so that we are not supporting a business that is religiously backed then we should try to do so and not just say it's ok with us we don't care that we are supporting a false religion.

I personally would not want to take part in any of their flights, just as I would avoid going to a church since it is used for a religious purpose as explained.