JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tornado and our brothers

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3040 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When the storm hit, Milton Steele was in his home, which was lifted up from its foundation and dropped approximately 20 yards away on its side.

“The wind suddenly picked up velocity and intensity then the trailer started shaking, it started moving. The whole world started to go round,” Steele said.

It took Steele 20 minutes to free himself from a piece of wood pressed across his chest and escape from the wreckage through an open window which then faced directly up.

Once out of the the debris, Steele learned that his pick-up truck was severely damaged with a cracked windshield and a bent bed.

“Looking at this mess, I was lucky to be alive and to get out of there.” he said.

He suffered cuts on his hands and stomach, which were treated with stitches, but the following day he was out sorting through the rubble and demolishing the remnants of his home with his fiends and fellow congregation members of Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Lawrenceburg.

“This is an example of good Christan love,” he said, as more than 15 men, women and children worked to sort the debris on his property.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I am happy that no one was too seriously hurt and that our Brother is ok. It is a good Witness for the community to see all the help ,from the Congregation, that he is getting....There is just one small thing--

'with his fiends and fellow congregation members of Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Lawrenceburg.'

I hope the 'fiends' stay away, let the Brothers do the helping

spelling, punctuation, y'know, the usual--..

Edited by tekmantwo

I am happy that no one was too seriously hurt and that our Brother is ok. It is a good Witness for the community to see all the help ,from the Congregation, that he is getting....There is just one small thing--

'with his fiends and fellow congregation members of Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Lawrenceburg.'

I hope the 'fiends' stay away, let the Brothers do the helping

spelling, punctuation, y'know, the usual--..

Do newspapers do spell check any more? That and grammar checking - seems to be lacking.  :nope:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Do newspapers do spell check any more? That and grammar checking - seems to be lacking.  :nope:

Makes you wonder, eh?

Me, I have always been a bit of a booger as far as spelling goes. My first two girls were pretty well trained and they were pretty proud of that.

My second daughter, years ago, called me in tears because, as she was taking a test for her Nursing classes, she had misspelled a word and got a 99 on the test, instead of 100...she probably hasn't missed a word since, knowing that one...

What would really irk me is seeing tests or letters from a teacher or Principal and seeing spelling errors. I mean, really?...Of all people, you would think an English teacher would get it right....

One of my other girls just got her RN certs, she graduated with a 3.9 grade, guess what knocked it down?

Yup, misspelled a drug...