JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The heat wave has broken!!!

The morning started out cool and cloudy, now the sun is shining and it is still in the 80's! It looks like autumn is close at hand. My favorite time of the year. Why is it that the fall/autumn is the time of year that so many significant events occurred in the Bible? Is it because that is the time of Jesus appearance (birth) on earth? I think about 194 and still think about the world trade center bombing on Sept, 11, 2001. So many things in the fall! What do you think will happen this fall?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

The morning started out cool and cloudy, now the sun is shining and it is still in the 80's! It looks like autumn is close at hand. My favorite time of the year. Why is it that the fall/autumn is the time of year that so many significant events occurred in the Bible? Is it because that is the time of Jesus appearance (birth) on earth? I think about 194 and still think about the world trade center bombing on Sept, 11, 2001. So many things in the fall! What do you think will happen this fall?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here Leslie, but what is the significance of 194?

I think she is referring to 1914

The announcement by Bro T. Russell to the Bethelites that the scriptures had been fulfilled was in the early fall.

*** w07 11/1 p. 24 par. 11 The Word of Jehovah Never Fails ***

On Friday morning, October 2, 1914, Charles Taze Russell, who took the lead at that time among the Bible Students, strode into the dining room at Bethel in Brooklyn, New York. “Good morning, all,” he said cheerily. Then, before taking his seat, he joyfully announced: “The Gentile times have ended; their kings have had their day.” Once again, the time had come for Jehovah, the Sovereign of the universe, to act in behalf of his people. And act he did!

Yes 2 significant times of the year - Nisan beginning the Sacred year has lots of important events associated with it and Tishri/ Ethanim = Start of secular or agricultural year has loads more significant events because this was when Adam was created;

Flood started Autumn 2370 BC and Flood ended ;

Jews entered promised land and first Sabbath year started Autumn 1473 BC

Day of Atonement and Jubilee proclaimed freeing slaves and returning hereditary land.

Jerusalem destroyed Autumn 607 BC and exactly 70 years to the day prophecied the isrealites returned after exile Autumn 537 BC;

Word goes forth to rebuild/restore Jerusalem beginning the 70 weeks prophecy autumn 455 BC; Start of Gentile Times Autumn 607 BC and ended Autumn 1914;

Jesus' birth;

Jesus; annointing/baptism fulfilling 70 weeks - autumn 29 CE.

There's probably more and it does make you wonder if Jehovah is telling us something.Just as there are so many Fibonacci series numbers in nature and prophecy showing Jehovah knows his math and wants us to know it and know why it's there (and Evolutionists beware Romans 1:20). We'll likely only know better after the event, or when God is ready to reveal more. We'll just keep our eyes peeled and try to stay good anyway.:ok:

my typing is too quick even for myself sometimes--1914 is what it should have read

Phew! I'm glad it was just a typ-o! For a minute there I thought I had missed out on some vital new thought of prophetic significance! :P