JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"...I can bring peace..."

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2971 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Alarm clock sounded too early as usual this morning.  As I slowly rolled over to turn on the radio (I don't do mornings very well),  the radio announcer said something about one of the presidential candidates.  I won't share the candidate's name (but that one seems to be winning lots of support these days).    The announcer went on to say this very candidate was at some political event and announced he felt he could bring peace to the world.

I immediately woke up and tried to listen more carefully to the story --  but it was over.  I sat there and recalled the scripture that talks about "...peace and security - then the end come..." 

Boy it sure will be interesting sitting back watching what these candidates think they're going to do - all the while knowing Jehovah's Day continues to march faster and faster to it's conclusion!

Did anyone hear the entire radio report about this candidate?

A friend (sister) was trying to tell me about it.  Said he mentioned something about religion ... but wasn't clear on what he said or meant.  It was brief.  This was after a debate last night...with an interviewer (couldn't remember name).  

I was looking on here to see if anyone was talking about it.  Hope to hear more.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

I heard a funny one the other day. The candidate was trying to show that he could quote the Bible because he has said many times that he believes the Bible. The scripture he was going to quote , " At Two Corinthians it says............"   Then one of the guys on late night TV said in regard to him.   "he's  2 Corinthians shy of a Bible!!   :lol1:

I found this from the Evening Standard News, it quoted Trump from December 15, 2015:

Donald Trump has sensationally claimed that he would bring "peace and unity to the world" should he be elected US president.

The Republican hopeful has repeatedly caused controversy throughout his candidacy campaign, suggesting a temporary ban should be imposed on Muslims entering the US and claiming Met officers live in fear because parts of London are "so radicalised".

But Trump dismissed claims his remarks had caused offence.

He told reporters: "I think I'm going to bring unity to the world. That's what I do - I bring peace and I bring unity."

He made the claim after a debate in Las Vegas on Tuesday night, when Republican rivals branded him a "chaos candidate" and accused him of trying to bully his way into the White House.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D