JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thoughts on this news clip..... listen to this priest

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4630 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Vatican Joins Nasa In Search For ETs

I am the only one shaking my head at this? Listen to this guy. He's basically saying we'd have to rethink the foundations of our theology.

Watching this also reminded me of the telescope / observatory launched by the Vatican last year......... Vatican Tied Mount Graham Observatory Launches LUCIFER Telescope

You know.... the one they named Lucifer. :devil:

Yes, I shook my head too, and sighed a few times. How silly. It just shows how shallow their understanding of God is. I feel.....so what if they find life elsewhere. That doesn't affect our understanding of "original sin" on THIS planet! 8-)

The only alien life they will discover will be a whole army of angels charging' date=' lead by Jesus and the anointed... :hammer:[/quote'] And they won't be going to heaven either.

47169=2257-space_and_ufos_141.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I don't really watch fox news, they are too much political. faux news. (td)

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

I will be at work for the next 8 hours, so I don't have access to my WT Library. Slightly off topic, but rather than start a new thread.......

Can someone who does, please see what is said about Mark 13:22?

Mark 13:22 .......

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, the chosen ones.

I will be at work for the next 8 hours, so I don't have access to my WT Library. Slightly off topic, but rather than start a new thread.......

Can someone who does, please see what is said about Mark 13:22?

Mark 13:22 .......

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, the chosen ones.

Not knowing exactly what you are looking for I found these.

*** ka chap. 16 p. 322 par. 63 Completion of the Foretold “Sign” Nears ***

63 The purpose of the rising up of false Christs and false prophets is to “mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.” (Matthew 24:23-25; Mark 13:21-23) But the faithful “chosen ones” will not let themselves be “sent on a wild-goose chase.” They will not let themselves be led in different directions on a search for some visible pretender in the flesh. They will not let themselves be attracted to some visible man in the flesh who claims to be the Christ, making great demonstrations to prove his identity as such. (Luke 17:22, 23) From the Scriptures they know where to look. They are like the eagles whose farsightedness magnifies microscopic things far below on the earth, unerringly. (Job 39:27-29) Hence, they do not gather together to a false Christ only to end up spiritually unfed. Like eagles that can spot the edible carcass from far off and that gather there for a common meal, the “chosen ones” discern where the true spiritual food is to be found, namely, with the true Christ at his invisible parousia, and there is where they gather together and find spiritual nourishment.—Luke 17:37.

*** w06 3/15 pp. 27-28 par. 5 Keep Clear of False Worship! ***

5 Jesus Christ and his apostles reflected Jehovah’s strong feelings about false religion. Jesus warned his disciples: “Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.” (Matthew 7:15; Mark 13:22, 23) Paul wrote that “God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth.” (Romans 1:18) How vital that true Christians heed these warnings and stay clear of anyone who suppresses the truth of God’s Word or spreads false teachings!—1 John 4:1.

*** w95 11/1 pp. 16-17 A Time to Keep Awake ***

“Keep on the Watch”!

5 After prophesying events leading up to a time of “great tribulation,” Jesus added: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matthew 24:3-36; Mark 13:3-32) We do not need to know the exact timing of events. Rather, our focus must be on being watchful, cultivating strong faith, and keeping busy in Jehovah’s service—not on calculating a date. Jesus concluded his great prophecy by saying: “Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is. . . . Keep on the watch . . . What I say to you I say to all, Keep on the watch.” (Mark 13:33-37) Danger lurks in the shadows of today’s world. We must keep awake!—Romans 13:11-13.

*** w53 5/15 p. 312 par. 29 Predestination or Individual Choice—Which? ***

Those in line to reign with Christ are called the “elect” or the “election” in the King James Version Bible; some modern versions use the expression “chosen ones” instead. Believers in predestination say such ones cannot fail. Mark 13:22 states: “False Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.” The italicized words are not in the original Greek, and their addition makes it sound as though seduction of the elect is impossible. Modern versions are more accurate: “To lead astray, if possible, the chosen ones.” (NW) “To mislead God’s chosen people if they can.” (AT)

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.