JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower #5 2016 Download

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2881 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When I click the download button, the PDF downloads correctly but the Epub file is a "zip" file that "unzips" to a collection of Word documents.  Has anybody been able to get the Epub to download?

15 hours ago, jwhess said:

When I click the download button, the PDF downloads correctly but the Epub file is a "zip" file that "unzips" to a collection of Word documents.  Has anybody been able to get the Epub to download?

Do you have an Epud application  on your device? If not it will default to a text program in this case Word.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

13 minutes ago, Old said:

Do you have an Epud application  on your device? If not it will default to a text program in this case Word.

I have Moon Reader Pro on my Android Tablet and Phone.  I have eStudie and Freda on my Windows unit,  When I go to the "Publications" tab and look at Watchtower #5, all of my devices show an 'epub' listing (usually it is first).  In Android, if I click on any selection it takes me to a download screen (box) that has PDF tagged in the dropdown menu.  If I click on the menu, it opens up with other choices like BRL, Notetaker, RTF and so on but NO epub.

On my Windows unit, I go to "publications" tab and click on Watchtower #5 and choose the download icon.  It shows all of the choices (PDF, Epub, BRL and so on).  If I click on the 'epub' listing it takes me to a download box with all of the individual articles broken out in document format.  At the top is the choice to download the entire magazine in a zip file.  When I do, the unzipped file is all MS Word documents.  The same is true on my Ipad.

I have just updated all of my devices.  The September Study Watchtower downloads epub and PDF OK.

I never use epub in a windows device, so I tried it just now. Downloaded Sept. WT from JW.org in epub format. When I clicked on the download it it jumped to an Epub ap. that I had forgotten I had, Icecream Ebook Reader, and all worked OK. 

Sorry I can't help.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

26 minutes ago, Old said:

I never use epub in a windows device, so I tried it just now. Downloaded Sept. WT from JW.org in epub format. When I clicked on the download it it jumped to an Epub ap. that I had forgotten I had, Icecream Ebook Reader, and all worked OK. 

Sorry I can't help.

Did you download September STUDY Watchtower or the #5 PUBLIC Watchtower for September (those aren't 'shouting' caps)?  I can download the September Study WT in epub but not the #5 Public WT.   It doesn't matter a lot since I can use the Watchtower from JW-Library anyway.

The English ePub is not currently available in English as seen below. The details you are describing John in post #6 are that of the RTF documents, where you can download individual articles or a zip of all articles that are readable in a word processor. If you refresh your page you should see that EPUB is no longer an option in English. 

wpSeptePubs.JPG

17 hours ago, jwhess said:

Did you download September STUDY Watchtower or the #5 PUBLIC Watchtower for September (those aren't 'shouting' caps)?  I can download the September Study WT in epub but not the #5 Public WT.   It doesn't matter a lot since I can use the Watchtower from JW-Library anyway.

Brother, I can d/l it either.  I am new at this and d/l to iBooks b/c I can underline and make a note but cannot d/l this magazine.  I thought it was my device but I see now others are having the same problem.  Thanks for posting.  

Edited by Good-O

correct comment...was able to d/l in PDF this morning.

3 hours ago, Trey said:

The English ePub is not currently available in English as seen below. The details you are describing John in post #6 are that of the RTF documents, where you can download individual articles or a zip of all articles that are readable in a word processor. If you refresh your page you should see that EPUB is no longer an option in English. 

wpSeptePubs.JPG

Thanks for the input Br. Tim.  Back on Thursday night when I first tried my downloads, the "epub" designation did show up on the list.  When you clicked on the icon below the magazine, it was first in the little black menu.  Then when you went to the box (English) like you show in your clip, it also showed, at first.  When you selected it, then it showed the same entries as the RTF format.  Now the "epub" has disappeared from the selection altogether.  I guess we will just have to wait for a fix or update.  Thanks again.

Not available where?

I am not understanding, I just downloaded the September study WT again and it was the epub version. I don't get the above screen shot. I am going directly to jw.org/publications:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/?contentLanguageFilter=en

Where are you finding the screen shot shown above?

13 minutes ago, Old said:

Not available where?

I am not understanding, I just downloaded the September study WT again and it was the epub version. I don't get the above screen shot. I am going directly to jw.org/publications:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/?contentLanguageFilter=en

Where are you finding the screen shot shown above?

If you try to download the public Watchtower #5 from the link you provided above, there is no ePub choice to download.

24 minutes ago, mserskine said:

If you try to download the public Watchtower #5 from the link you provided above, there is no ePub choice to download.

I get it, nothing slow about me, just takes time, and more time. :(