JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

House Democrats Stage Sit in

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2861 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I don't get any of this. 

Were they having a sit-in because they want to pass strict gun laws, taking arms away from the average citizen and the other side says the opposite? Heard a blurb on Fox this morning but still don't get all the hooplah.

And what is the significance of Britain being part of the EU?  

I'm really lost when it comes to political stuff, a little explanation would be welcome.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

28 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I don't get any of this. 

Not a bad thing, this worlds stupid human antics can't be understood by those with a Kingdom view...

They are throwing a childish temper tantrum,  they didn't get what they wanted, when they wanted it and they are throwing themselves on the floor and pouting.

It has to do with the idiotic way bills are introduced to House and Senate.  Bill proposers will look at a Bill that has a high likelihood of passing and then add a rider or sub component to that bill, hoping that it will just go along for the ride.

In this case the Dems wanted the Reps to vote for a bill that would have eliminated due process,  allowing  .gov to restrict access to firearms at its whim, without telling anybody why. They were trying to make the Reps look bad by making them vote against a bill that Dems could say was 'for the children'

The funny part is that the Dems themselves had voted against 2 bills that the Reps had done the same thing to..

Reps didn't want to play, cancelled the meeting and shut off the lights and cameras.

Dems then called for a temper tantrum...

Dems also made it a media circus, just so they could claim the higher moral ground...

Just a circus...complete with clown acts. 

Matt 6:10

Rev 22:20b   Yes, come Gods Kingdom. :praying:

57 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Rollercoaster ride!

Pound tumbles 10% as Brexit camp leads

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/8d8a100e-38c2-11e6-a780-b48ed7b6126f.html#axzz4CShoJ3qM

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This should be in its own thread..

This is big, leaving it hiding behind a US political stunt doesn't do it justice.

If you separate them, they could stand on their own, but together, y'know?

It would be huge, but separate,  but, together all at the same time. .

Kinda like a 2 headed monster---

(yes, sometimes,  I  can't even stand myself :lol1:)

On 6/23/2016 at 2:57 PM, bagwell1987 said:

I don't get any of this. 

Were they having a sit-in because they want to pass strict gun laws, taking arms away from the average citizen and the other side says the opposite? Heard a blurb on Fox this morning but still don't get all the hooplah.

And what is the significance of Britain being part of the EU?  

I'm really lost when it comes to political stuff, a little explanation would be welcome.

On 6/23/2016 at 3:50 PM, tekmantwo said:

Not a bad thing, this worlds stupid human antics can't be understood by those with a Kingdom view. . .

22 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Ohhhh, it makes.....sense now?? Stupid politics

Exactly, Cheryl! As Brother tekmantwo mentioned, those things can't be understood by those in the truth. Once we begin to understand things like that, we're in trouble!