JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Signing out after each visit

Is it best to sign out of the site after each day and sign in again the next day, or is it safe to stay signed in all the time?  I feel safe here but I noticed that I don't see many others staying signed in . Thank you.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Yes, I am the only one ever at my computer, but  many times I don't see any other names  where the list of all those online  appears, which made me think that I'm the only one that doesn't sign out. 

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

That list shows the ones that are online at a specific moment (really having this website open on their mobile device)

I'm on that list right now ... after I leave this website, I'm not there anymore

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Under Recently Browsing, my name is always there, but no others are Always there. But other times, many other names are there. 

So are you saying that whenever I leave the site for a time, my name goes off the list of Recently Browsing and reappears when I come back? Sorry for all the questions, I'm still learning how this works.

I don't see your name if your here right now. Only mine.

If it's only you using the computer, or even the user from which you're signed in, it's better to leave it signed in.
If you're concerned about your name showing in the "who's online" tab, don't worry. It only shows there when your actively browsing the site.
On the other hand, if you're concerned about the online security, it's far more dangerous to sign in multiple times than to sign in once and let it stay signed. Why do I say this? Because it is possible (although the chances of this happening are almost non - existing) for someone else to "capture" your log in informations if he's connected to your WiFi network. Again, I repeat that the chances of this happening are non - existing because someone will have to be connected to your Internet and be happen to have some pretty advanced networking skills.
I'm saying this because I managed to "capture" my log in details from another computer on my network and I was shocked, to say the least, how easy it is to find usernames and passwords with the right tools.

Sent from my LG-H440n using Tapatalk

Brothers, thank you both for explaining this to me. I understand it much better. (It will also help to know for other websites, although I am not entirely sure of some like Amazon, et. for example.)

On 11/14/2016 at 8:25 AM, morningdove said:

Under Recently Browsing, my name is always there, but no others are Always there.

You are viewing the website every time you view "Recently Browsing."  You will always find your name in that list because you are always logged in and viewing the website when you click on that recently browsing link.

This is like saying you always see yourself in the bathroom mirror therefore your image is always in the bathroom mirror.  Of course you always see your reflection in the bathroom mirror when you're in the bathroom.  

FYI - I do not see your name in the recently browsing link.  That's because you're not online at the moment.  However, I bet you'll see your name there the next time you visit this site.  Go check and see.

I always see my name in the recently browsing area.  That's because I've been recently browsing the board whenever I check that area.