6 tablespoons cold butter

1/4 cup boiling water

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

1 tablespoon lemon juice

4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and

drained

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.

3. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.

4. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.

I love any kind of fruit cobbler. I think Peach is my favorite but the blackberry sounds good also. I make a tolerable black cherry cobbler using frozen black cherries and yellow cake mix. I bake with them right out of the freezer. If you thaw first they become mushy instead of plump and fresh tasting.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I love any kind of fruit cobbler. I think Peach is my favorite but the blackberry sounds good also. I make a tolerable black cherry cobbler using frozen black cherries and yellow cake mix. I bake with them right out of the freezer. If you thaw first they become mushy instead of plump and fresh tasting.
Well don't keep it a secret. Post the recipe.

52341=2683-please.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Well get up off your knees, there's not much more to the recipe than what I posted above. We have a black cherry tree in the back yard and usually have enough cherries for our needs and all of the English and 1/2 of the Spanish Congregations. I pit the cherries and throw them in the freezer for the winter. I get the biggest rectangular cake pan I can find. 11"X16"X2" high. I melt 1/2 stick of margarine in the cake pan with the oven set at 300 degrees. I mix two boxes of Yellow cake mix and pour into the cake pan and then spread a full quart or more of FROZEN black cherries over the cake mix. No sugar need for the cherries. The pan will be very full but not to worry as it will not rise the same as without the fruit. Slide onto the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Check with a tooth pick, if it picks batter then bake for another 10 minutes and check again. It will be very brown on top.

The trick is to get the right amount of Frozen cherries. Too much and the batter will not cook before the cherries melt. Not enough cherries and you get Cherry upside down cake. I used to make it by thawing the cherries first and it was horrid so I tried it with frozen cherries and was surprised how firm and plump the cherries turned out.

From beginning to end is about one hour.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I thought this might be fun. This is what's in my oven as I write this:

Blackberry Cobbler II

Prep Time: 20 Minutes

Cook Time: 25 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes

Servings:

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups white sugar, divided

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons cold butter

1/4 cup boiling water

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

1 tablespoon lemon juice

4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and

drained

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup boiling water just until mixture is evenly moist.

3. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water. Mix in remaining 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, and blackberries. Transfer to a cast iron skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Drop dough into the skillet by spoonfuls. Place skillet on the foil lined baking sheet.

4. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until dough is golden brown.

Try replacing the 1/4cup of boiling water with 1/4 of captain morgan private stock rum .........must be the private stock nothing less will do as well

This looks YUMMO! :chef:

Can't wait to try this recipe:

Orange Cream Cheese Bread

- 1-8 oz package cream cheese, softened

- 1/2 c shortening

- 1 2/3 c granulated sugar

- 2 eggs

- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour

- 1 tsp salt

- 1 Tbsp baking powder

- 1 c milk

- 1/2 c chopped walnuts

- 2 Tbsp grated orange peel

- 1/4 c orange juice

Directions

1. Combine cream cheese and shortening, creaming well.

2. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.

3. Add eggs, beating well after each addition.

4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.

5. Stir in walnuts and orange peel.

6. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.

7. Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

8. Let cool in pan for 10 mintues. Then sprinkle orange juice over loaves. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling

In the oven now:

Amish White Bread

"This recipe will give you two loaves of plain, sweet white bread that are quick and easy to make."

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups warm water

2/3 cup white sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast 1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1/4 cup vegetable oil

6 cups bread flour

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.

2. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.

3. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.