*         1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
*         1 clove Garlic grated
*         1 tablespoon Cumin
*         1 teaspoon Salt
*         2 teaspoons Garam Masala
*         2 delicata squashes
*         Oil for Frying
*         CILANTRO YOGURT DIP.
*         1 bunch Cilantro (or whatever is leftover from what you put into the batter)
*         1/4 cup Yogurt
*         1/2 clove Garlic
*         Salt and Pepper
*         splash of vinegar
*         splash of honey
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Mix the ingredients (except the squash) in a bowl. Add water until it is a batter consistency.
2. Mix all the dip ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Heat oil to 375
4. Slice the quash (skin on) into thin rings about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Salt the rings and sprinkle with chickpea flour to coat.
6. One by one, dip into the batter and drop into the hot oil, doing batches of 4 or 5 so as not to crowd the fryer.
7. Remove from the oil when golden brown and allow to drain. Serve with chutney.

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie...my mouth is watering girl! They look scrumptious and I would definitely try this recipe!  :)

But, where can I buy chickpea flour?  Any grocery store?  or are they sold at organic markets? Can I used an alternative healthy flour instead? (i.e. almond flour, oat flour, spelt?) 

Edited by Omo_Yeme

I use to get mine at Ralph's in LA.  Haven't looked in Tulsa but I am sure Sprouts, Whole Foods, Atkins, or even a nice upper scale grocery would have it.

it is a flour used in a lot of dishes in the Middle East.

Apr 26, 2015 - Chickpea flour is nothing more than dried chickpeas, ground to a flour-like consistency. Other names for chickpea flour include gram flour, cici flour and garbanzo bean flour. Besan is chickpea flour ...---I just googled this.

also almond flour can be used or honestly I would think any good dusting flour would be good.

dont forget the dipping sauce that goes with because it really sets it off!

i use this squash and make a sweet dish out of it too.  Just cut in half, remove pulp and put butter and brown sugar in and bake till tender,  soooo good.  Like a desert!  

Let me know now when you make it!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

8 hours ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Leslie...my mouth is watering girl! They look scrumptious and I would definitely try this recipe!  :)

But, where can I buy chickpea flour?  Any grocery store?  or are they sold at organic markets? Can I used an alternative healthy flour instead? (i.e. almond flour, oat flour, spelt?) 

Also Sandra you might want to try Trader Joes...Krogers and Shop Rite. They have Bobs Red Mill brand, a Gluten free Garbanzo and Flava Flour. And Walmart sometimes carry Kohinoor Besan Durbar Gram flour. Chickpea flour is an excellent gluten free substitute for Celiac sufferers. Hope this helps.  :D