JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Chinese language is becoming popular abroad?

Since a became a madarin teacher, I realized that there are so many foreigners here, and many are learning Chinese, even they think it's quite dificult. Some learn because they work here, some learn because they want to know more about China and Chinese culture. What about in your country and your city?  I am thinking to start online class in the near future, if you know someone interested, maybe you can tell me?

23 minutes ago, Linda Huang said:

Since a became a madarin teacher, I realized that there are so many foreigners here, and many are learning Chinese, even they think it's quite dificult. Some learn because they work here, some learn because they want to know more about China and Chinese culture. What about in your country and your city?  I am thinking to start online class in the near future, if you know someone interested, maybe you can tell me?

My wife has been trying to learn chinese for a while now, she tells me she is interested.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Admittedly, it's a true challenge. I've been studying Mandarin Chinese for over a year now, and I've come to the realization that it will be a long long time before I'm sufficiently fluent. That being said, it's rewarding when you do see some progress, even if just a little, and well worth the effort (and it does require a lot of effort).

It is especially an ideal language to learn for theocratic reasons, as it has such a humongous population of speakers (most of whom are not at all fluent in English, French, or Spanish ~ the three "World Languages"), and there are rapidly growing populations of Chinese speakers in different parts around the world. Mandarin is language worth considering if you are thinking of choosing a language to learn in order to be able to reach more people with the Truth, and if you are willing and able to "step over into Macedonia" ~ of course, there may be a greater need locally in a different language.