JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2760 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just a few years back we have a publication about Honesty in the workplace as I can vividly recall it had a man in a suit I want to say who may have been sticking something in his pocket but looking over his shoulder, if anyone can recall can you please help me out.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

I will take a look at this one it doesn't look familiar although I remember this one from last year the magazine that I'm thinking about is a little older if I'm not mistaken it has a man at a desk and one person with a suit on walking out the office door it's pretaining to honesty in the workplace, I know I have copy at home I'm being lazy try not to bring up my box of old magazines it looks like I'm going to have to do it in the morning when I get off. Thank you for your effort

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

I think you found it Adelin, good job. That picture is what Sister Dejuana described.:)

Also, I am curious about these links to "akamaihd.net", may  I ask what that is? Never heard of it?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Thanks Adelin for that info.

So are these links coming from the JW.org website but it just shows "akamaihd.net"?

Or did you download this article from  "akamaihd.net" ?

Sorry, just trying to understand the links. :confused:

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

32 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Thanks Adelin for that info.

So are these links coming from the JW.org website but it just shows "akamaihd.net"?

Or did you download this article from  "akamaihd.net" ?

Sorry, just trying to understand the links. :confused:

The links to the third party akamaihd.net given here are safe. Jw.org uses them to host the data.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Thanks Chris!

I wasn't too concerned about the safety of the links since a variety of the brothers/sisters were giving these links, I just couldn't quite understand why they were giving these links or downloads from some other site rather than just simply using JW.org?

But now thanks to you and Adelin, the clouds of confusion are starting to clear for me, thanks. :)

Thanks Chris!

I wasn't too concerned about the safety of the links since a variety of the brothers/sisters were giving these links, I just couldn't quite understand why they were giving these links or downloads from some other site rather than just simply using JW.org?

But now thanks to you and Adelin, the clouds of confusion are starting to clear for me, thanks. 

You can search the forum for "CDN", or "content delivery network". I remember giving a detailed explanation a while back, but can't remember when and in which thread.

Long story short, akamai is a third party HOSTING company that provides services for hosting static content (mp3, mp4, PDF etc) on their servers for faster delivery to the users. All the trouble of hosting and maintaining the data falls on akamai, for a certain fee... There's another post by me about the fee, you might find it if you search the above mentioned keywords on the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk