JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Music before and after meetings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2613 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For some reason I lose my connection after 90 minutes and have to call back every single meeting. The problem may be at our end, as I don't know of anyone else having this happen.

As for closing the connection at the end of the meeting, I really dislike it when it is closed right after "amen". Give me a few seconds to get to the phone and hang up, otherwise I get a blast of that awful "disconnect" noise from the phone company - you know, the "TUTUTUTUTUTUT" sound.

11 hours ago, The Deej said:

KH Conf is what we use to hook up the telephone system here.  There is a 2 hour window, we try not to get distracted and forget to set it up but if people come back to the sound booth and distract us we sometimes are late in getting it hooked up.  Then on the other side of the coin we don't want to start it at 6:30 because by 8:30 it will drop off.  The friends understand that we have to time it just right.  Usually when I'm running the sound system, I try and dial up at 6:50, no later or earlier.   That way when the meeting is supposed to end at 8:45 we still have a 5 minute cushion.  Its a fine line.  

6 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

I thought that the window was 2 hours and 10 minutes.

I wasn't aware of the time limit but when I do the Sound I usually hook up the phone about 10 minutes before the meeting starts, like you do. Thank you for letting me know there is a time limit, I'll share that with the other brothers.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I wasn't aware of the time limit but when I do the Sound I usually hook up the phone about 10 minutes before the meeting starts, like you do. Thank you for letting me know there is a time limit, I'll share that with the other brothers.

Yes I was always told that there was a two hour window.  We have an app that we can log into to see how many are on the phone, and actually who was on as well.  This is better than calling the number for the count.  

4 hours ago, The Deej said:

Yes I was always told that there was a two hour window.  We have an app that we can log into to see how many are on the phone, and actually who was on as well.  This is better than calling the number for the count.  

What app is that?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

What app is that?

Android App Overview

Install

Search the Google Play Store for KHCONF. The app is free. Follow the instructions on your device to install. This is typically a one-step process. You will need to accept the App Permissions choices.

En app rgb wo 45.png

Configure

The first time you run it, you will need to enter appropriate KHCONF access information. Click on the green Settings wheel in the lower right. Fill in the following information. These settings can later be changed with the settings button. Use the back button to return to the main screen.

You may need to log on to KHCONF to access windows apps to run on a computer. 

Edited by Zebra555

Info

6 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

Thank you. I use the Android app for KHConf to listen to the meetings but I didn't know there was a separate report function available.