JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Usability of JW Library on Windows laptop

I have been involved with making sure that the videos and song etc. are downloaded and ready on the KH Laptop with Windows 10.

The JW Library app seems to be designed with touchscreen devices in mind. So trying to find songs higher than number 6 on the Media > Video > Music > "Sing Out Joyfully" - Meetings ribbon is quite a challenge. 

If on a touchscreen, one can simply swipe through them. But on a non-touch screen with a mouse, the scree scrolls up as well as move the ribbon to the left. So you can only scroll about 3 songs left and the ribbon disappears off the top of the screen.

Now, for the normal Midweek meetings and the two watchtower songs this is no issue as you can find the songs listed in the week's media tab. But for the Public Talk song, chosen by the speaker, this presents a problem. Also, when the CO visits and he chooses different songs than the workbook. At a funeral recently, 151 was requested and a mission to get to.

One could go to the Book, click on the number and when the PLAY button comes on, choose the Video and stream it, but we don't have stable internet, so that is not an option.

Has anyone found an easy way to choose random songs and play them.

Instead of clicking on Video>Music, click on Downloaded.  Its much easier to scroll through the downloads list with a mouse. The downloads can be sorted so the videos appear in numerical order.

Hopefully the talked about update will make it easy to select the video songs for the public talk.

Edited by Jonathan77

4 hours ago, Jako said:

Now, for the normal Midweek meetings and the two watchtower songs this is no issue as you can find the songs listed in the week's media tab. But for the Public Talk song, chosen by the speaker, this presents a problem

If you are accessing the songs through the media tab you can also used the tab above the songs "More Songs"

Instead of clicking on Video>Music, click on Downloaded.  Its much easier to scroll through the downloads list with a mouse. The downloads can be sorted so the videos appear in numerical order.
Hopefully the talked about update will make it easy to select the video songs for the public talk.

Perfect. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have heard others too mention about JW Library unstableness on Windows 10.  I have experience it a few times myself.  Of course it could be Windows.  Before blaming the app it is worth checking the drivers for updates, go to Device Manager > Right click > Update driver.   It worth checking the devices listed under System devices for updated drivers, even with a fresh install.  I have found that the my laptop and tablet and the KH PC runs more smoothly after finding and updating these drivers.

On 1/31/2017 at 1:00 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Thanks for this Jonathan77. We tried this and it is quite effective.

Also found out that when on the Media > Videos screen, you can press Tab a few times until you are on the first Video of the Songs, and then scroll left or right. Only good when you need a song close to the beginning. Else you be scrolling for a while. Hahaha...