JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT Library on Ipad

Hi! Could I get some suggestions on how to get my WT Library 2016 CD installed on my ipad? I was able to install it on another tablet by putting it on a memory card. My ipad pro doesn't have the ability to use one. I have heard of Isilo.. but know nothing of it. Paying 10 bucks or whatever it costs is fine with me but I would like to make sure this is the best way of getting it on there. Anyone have the library on their ipad and found it to work well? What method did you use?  Thanks so much!

The "other tablet" you were able to install it on, had to be a Windows tablet because you cannot run the WTL CD on an Apple or Android based tablet.

Isilo, will also not run the program or use the files from the WTLCD. It has it's own pre-converted library files and the most current files are from the 2013 WTL, there will be no more per the Branches instructions.

Edited by Musky

But brother chuck do you agree that what the brother is asking for is possible? I found this instructions on line:

http://appchasers.com/2012/07/24/best-watchtower-library-app-isilo-for-iphone-and-ipad/

I haven't watched the video. What the brother is asking is: how does he do it since it's possible?

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

1 hour ago, Nnaemeka said:

But brother chuck do you agree that what the brother is asking for is possible? I found this instructions on line:

http://appchasers.com/2012/07/24/best-watchtower-library-app-isilo-for-iphone-and-ipad/

I haven't watched the video. What the brother is asking is: how does he do it since it's possible?

This brother is stating what Chuck has said. You have to have iSilo on your iPad and then you have to get the .pdb files for someone to open in iSilo. Only then will you have Watchtower Library on your iPad. And even then, only until the year 2013. There do not exist updated files from 2014 and on. 

• 1 month later...

I think that involves creating a "virtual drive" in a particular OS and running programs designed for that OS from there. Sometimes it works with some programs. But I can't say whether it will work in this case or not as I haven't tried it.

I have the WT Library 2013 installed via iSilo on my iPad. (2013 is the last version for which permission was given by the organisation, last time I checked.)

I downloaded the files from meekspace.org a while back. I don’t know if they still host them.

iSilo is a bit clunky but it is sometimes handy when I can’t access my P.C. and want to check the text of an old publication.

iSilo is a few £$€.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13