JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mary Magdalene movie?

Hi all,

Recently came out a new movie called the "Mary Magdalene".

I was wondering if anyone has seen it yet? Or you might heard about it from those who has seen it. Is it nice movie? Is it worth to see? 

Thank you

P.S.

Here is the trailer: 

Spoiler

Saw the BBC film critic on tv who yesterday said it is the most boring film he has ever seen and it seems to have been made "politically correct" as they say......

I didn't like the look of the very scruffy Jesus on the clip they showed. Personally I won't be viewing it but I don't view any of these modern biblically themed films as I don't want any of their portrayed images scenes or faces of characters stuck in my minds eye. I can still see Victor Mature as Samson from my youthful days.....

5 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

This story is the untold story about the secret love between Maria Magdalena and Jesus.

Thank you for the advanced warning brother.  I won't be seeing this film either!

I've grown weary (for years now) of Hollywood's inaccuracies and taking dramatic liberties with Biblical accounts. It's basically the reason I've stopped watching them altogether.

What!!!!

6 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

This story is the untold story about the secret love between Maria Magdalena and Jesus. I will certainly skip this movie.

What!!!!! How DIGUSTING !!!!!!

LIES....LIES AND MORE LIES....

When the " Divinci Code" came out....

It was so blasphemous...I have NEVER seen it and don't want to....and will skip this one also....

Now I will watch  the 10 Commandments with Charles Heston from 1956.... that's my movie...

Even though there are little inconsistences in that movie as well...

Edited by Shannie

26 minutes ago, Shannie said:

Now I will watch  the 10 Commandments with Charles Heston from 1956.... that's my movie...

The classics never die :D

Modern "Christian" movies are usually very cringey. Satan controls the media, and clearly he's trying to make religion look dumb.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!