JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WiFi, EMFs, Radiation

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

He is not so sensitive that he cannot go about daily life and/or attend meetings.

I'm glad that this brother is able to cope, as I am learning how to do more while coping with my chemical and fragrance sensitivities. Sadly, many more have several co-morbid chronic illnesses or suffer crippling pain from these disorders, and do end up desperately seeking for relief. Most with electrosensitivity could care less about cancer when they're suffering immediate issues such as migraines. I can relate to it, having myself listened to meetings from home for nearly 15 years due to the pain I was constantly in. Most of the symptoms which electrosensitives relate, I get from synthetic deodorants, laundry detergents, perfume, rubber, etc. I don't claim to know exactly or understand what all causes these disorders, though I have my speculation and theories regarding toxicity and infections, and have been able to reverse some of the disorder's issues.

20 hours ago, Dove said:

Does this mean that the GB does not think there is any harm from them or if they do, that the spiritual gain and putting our love for Jehovah first is worth the risk? Does anyone besides me think these fears are warranted?

(Isaiah 12:2) Look! God is my salvation. I will trust and feel no dread; For Jah Jehovah is my strength and my might, And he has become my salvation.”

I've grown up using tech extensively, and I do believe it must have some not fully understood affects on health or biology. What would our brains be without electricity? I shut off my WiFi router and usually put my phone into airplane at night, but I don't obsessively worry about it. It won't stop all the others in the apartments or houses surrounding me, meh. It may be harming us, but Jehovah will not allow things to reach a point where it is impossible to serve him.

Still, the most important thing to always remember concerning brothers and sisters with sensitivity issues is that their pain is very much real. It doesn't even matter if the disease is truly only "in their heads" with no factors contributing to brain or nerve damage. It doesn't matter if the conventional medical system doesn't understand the biology involved, how to test for it, or how to treat it. What matters is that they are suffering and that we are obligated to show them love as we would want ourselves. (Romans 8:22) For we know that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now.

I recently saw some interesting articles and videos on this Quiet Zone in Green Bank, West Virginia:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/01/electrosensitives-seek-haven-in-wi-fi-quiet-zone-as-teens-set-up-hotspots/

Edited by Myew