JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Morning cup of Joe and saying hello

I had a good sleep last night. A restful nights sleep allows you to have a whole different outlook on the world. I find myself getting up now and having a steaming cup of coffee with lots of creamer and sugar (after all coffee is really just the transporter for the cream and sugar) and looking at JWT. I find it so much better than the newspaper. I was thinking about in Paradise how it will be when ALL the news is good and for our benefit. I can't wait for the time I can send a message to SianRose and say---"We would love to come for a visit and check out your neck of the woods. When would it be convient for you?" Or send a message and say "Nancy, we would love to you and some of your friends and family get together next month for a barn raising. We need more housing for the animals. Would you like to come?" I find it enormously rewarding to learn about all my friends from around the world. What a privedledge to get a glimpse of "the real life". Love to all of you!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

That was really sweet of you, Leslie. I agree with you and also find myself moving farther and farther away from reading the news and longing more for anything to do with my REAL family. So thankful to Jehovah for this spiritual paradise.:worship:

The Bee

Some people drink their coffee black,I always think whats the fun in that?

My husband makes the most awesome coffee,he's made like 1,000's of pots of coffee.

At 4 am when he's up for work.It's perfect everytime.Mine is never quite right.Of course... if it was

then I'd be the one making the coffee every morning...soooo better just leave things be.

I love the friends here,at our CA day the brother said why not "friend" someone in your own

congregation,instead of via the internet and I agree,so I'm working on that more.

But I don't see a need to limit my association, this place helps me to widen out...clear around

the world.And with friends who have a hard time associating otherwise.Sometimes that's me.

I can't wait until we're having barn raisings in the paradise,I'd definately come.My husband will make the coffee.;)

I had a good sleep last night. A restful nights sleep allows you to have a whole different outlook on the world. I find myself getting up now and having a steaming cup of coffee with lots of creamer and sugar (after all coffee is really just the transporter for the cream and sugar) and looking at JWT. I find it so much better than the newspaper. I was thinking about in Paradise how it will be when ALL the news is good and for our benefit. I can't wait for the time I can send a message to SianRose and say---"We would love to come for a visit and check out your neck of the woods. When would it be convient for you?" Or send a message and say "Nancy, we would love to you and some of your friends and family get together next month for a barn raising. We need more housing for the animals. Would you like to come?" I find it enormously rewarding to learn about all my friends from around the world. What a privedledge to get a glimpse of "the real life". Love to all of you!

man do I need a good nights sleep.. with it getting to the end of the semester with my schooling the load has been piled on not to mention I still have 3 kids to keep up with.. Thinking about the new system is so refreshing.. I love it when we can just take a walk and enjoy nature..

signature2.jpg

When my kids were little, to help make things real, we used to talk about what the earth would be like after this system had passed away. Who would they want to meet? What would they want to do? Would they travel? Or would they rather be the host? What would they contribute to the store houses? They made fun of me because I always just wanted to meet EVERYONE!!! Then my son once said, "Why not?? After all, how long are we gonna live?"

I drink my coffee black usually. Mostly because it's the fastest way to get it from the pot to my mouth! :coffee: But also because I'm not big on sweets and I like my coffee as hot as possible. Creamer cools it too quickly usually. Although International Coffees makes a wonderful cinnamon bun creamer. I love cinnamon!

Oh - by the way, I take my coffee (decaf only - heart problem) with 1% milk and fake sweetener (I'm a diabetic). However, I'm perfectly happy with it black but never just creamer. And I prefer it black - if instant. And the first one has to be of gulpable temperature because it goes down immediately! There - now you know!

The Bee

I wanted to thank you for telling me about your recipe---It sounds like what my grandmother made because she would use cocoa and a double broiler (make shift with a metal bowl on top of the boiling water) and she never had a candy thermometer (too expensive/not necessary) and she would just test the soft ball stage in a cup of cold water. I can never do this--can not get it to set up right so I have a candy thermometer and will be prepared!! Wish you were here to help me! Love reading your posts and look forward to seeing your name> I have a Kuerig coffee pot that I just adore--it really does brew a perfect cup. I love all the different creamers and the flavored syrups--what a variety. Jehovah gives us an abundance of everything!!! Remember when the grocery store oly had one two or three choices at the most of the same things??? It is overkill now on every thing! Take your time but I will be eargely looking for the recipe! Thanks Leslie

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Leslie - As I recall, we got it off the Hersheys Cocoa can back in the '60's. Have saved it all these years 'cuz there's really never been anything like it - in my humble opinion, that is! I enjoy your posts as well! I've been to Ok. twice. Tulsa and then out to Grand Lake - Ketchum area. It's so ironic you should mention the Kuerig because the lady I am staying with (a former employer who flew me out to do some work for her) has the Kuerig and its the first time I've seen one other than in a couple of businesses! You're right - it is awesome! I'm drinking it all day long 'cuz it's so easy to get a fresh cup! One of the few new inventions I've thought were worthwhile! YES - it is amazing the variety we have today. Such a waste. Just look at the cereal isle!!!

The Bee