JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It's COLD here in California

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4505 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since this topic is somewhat about Cold and field service, does any seasoned brothers or sisters have good advise on keeping warm with out so dressed up you look like a fluffy marshmallow as you walk from door to door?

I just learned that I could get winter leggings and wool thin socks to help with the cold. :drink: Hot drinks are good just to hold while in the car in service.

I just did not grow up this way to dress up for cold weather witnessing and I want to be out there as much as possible with out being frozen Brrrrrr.

Any other suggestions that you can share?

Hi thecorduroykid (Joseph),

Do your relatives speak other languages besides English? If they do then down load articles from http://www.jw.org in their language.

and print them. This works for return visits too.

This really helps them understand the truth.

Now, if you find someone who doesn't speak English at a door, first use the Good News for People of all Nations booklet. This gets their language. Next get out your smart phone and go to http://www.jw.org and down load literature in their language and have them read it on the smart phone right at the door step!

Next use the referral slip to help them learn the truth.

Sister to sister (i am tekmantwo's wifey)....I wear tights, two pairs of long johns, wool skirt and knee high boots w/ a long coat. I usually get too hot no matter how cold it is. My husband still thinks I look cute...even though I feel like a large marshmallow...: )...It can be below zero here during the winter so we only work a about a block at a time then get in the car to warm up and do a few calls before working another block.

Since this topic is somewhat about Cold and field service, does any seasoned brothers or sisters have good advise on keeping warm with out so dressed up you look like a fluffy marshmallow as you walk from door to door?

I just learned that I could get winter leggings and wool thin socks to help with the cold. :drink: Hot drinks are good just to hold while in the car in service.

I just did not grow up this way to dress up for cold weather witnessing and I want to be out there as much as possible with out being frozen Brrrrrr.

I wear those silky type ladies long johns,top and bottom ,they are thin but work really good and feel better on your skin,

a pair of wool tights and a bigger pair of wool socks over them with roomy water proof boots,your feet freeze

if they are too tight.

Wool and leather for everything,hat,gloves,scarf.And layers...you can always take clothes off when you get out there and

you're too hot.

Lee - I went to Muskegon back in 1980 when i went to visit friends in Manistee. What a beautiful area. I was there in the fall while the trees were all turning. Too bad it's so cold in the winter.

Re: Cow Palace in San Francisco - I attended most DCs there from the late 90's - mid 2000s. My aunt always said that after we cleaned it, it smelled like cow urine and Pine Sol...:sick:

The Bee

LOL.....WELL WHAT CAN I SAY, I LIVE IN NEW YORK AND IT GETS VERY COLD AT TIMES AND I ALWAYS THOUGHT CALIFORNIA WAS WARM AND COSY.

Compared to New York, we live in Paradise conditions! :tongue:

Seriously, our high today will only be 62 degrees, so it's cold for us. What's the high in New York?