JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, July 3 When you stand praying, forgive whatever you have against anyone, so that your Father who is in the heavens may also forgive you your trespasses.​—Mark 11:25.

Tuesday, July 3

When you stand praying, forgive whatever you have against anyone, so that your Father who is in the heavens may also forgive you your trespasses.—Mark 11:25.

Our efforts to serve God—through prayers, meeting attendance, field service, and other aspects of our worship—are in vain if we refuse to make peace with others. We cannot be friends of God unless we are willing to forgive the shortcomings of others. (Luke 11:4; Eph. 4:32) Every Christian needs to think carefully and honestly about being forgiving and having peaceful relations with others. Do you forgive fellow believers freely? Are you happy to fellowship with them? Jehovah expects his servants to be forgiving. If your conscience tells you that you have improvements to make in this regard, prayerfully seek Jehovah’s help in order to make them! Our heavenly Father will hear such humble prayers and answer them.—1 John 5:14, 15. w16.05 1:6, 7

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Powerful opening sentence.

I always felt that forgiveness is one of most important aspects of our service to Jehovah. 

He is not interested in duties... but in our heart condition. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Last night was our first meeting at our new location, our KH is scheduled for demolition and we were moved to the Spanish KH. It was a fiasco. A new brother was assigned to do the Sound and apparently wasn't trained on the system, my ears are still ringing. There apparently isn't a plan to train any of us that are assigned to do the Sound or Stage. A new elder was chairman and apparently wasn't trained on how to be a chairman either. At the end of the meeting it was announced that the phone tie in number was changed, that explains why an older brother was texting me during the meeting to tell me he was disconnected. Several friends discovered after the meeting there wasn't any place to turn in their time slips.

I was still privately stewing over it this morning until I read the text. So excuse me, I'll be spending the rest of the day praying for help....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

we were moved to the Spanish KH. It was a fiasco. A new brother was assigned to do the Sound and apparently wasn't trained on the system, my ears are still ringing.

It wasn't the sound; the meeting was in Spanish! ha ha ha sorry Richard; I couldn't resist! 😜

It's bigger on the inside!

1 hour ago, Stoffer said:

It wasn't the sound; the meeting was in Spanish! ha ha ha sorry Richard; I couldn't resist! 😜

The brothers have known for two months that we were moving to that KH, I overheard an elder quip that there are instructions for the Sound but they are in Spanish. Two months...:eek:

Excuse me, I need to go pray again...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Last night was our first meeting at our new location, our KH is scheduled for demolition and we were moved to the Spanish KH. It was a fiasco. A new brother was assigned to do the Sound and apparently wasn't trained on the system, my ears are still ringing. There apparently isn't a plan to train any of us that are assigned to do the Sound or Stage. A new elder was chairman and apparently wasn't trained on how to be a chairman either. At the end of the meeting it was announced that the phone tie in number was changed, that explains why an older brother was texting me during the meeting to tell me he was disconnected. Several friends discovered after the meeting there wasn't any place to turn in their time slips.

I was still privately stewing over it this morning until I read the text. So excuse me, I'll be spending the rest of the day praying for help....

Stuff like that are my biggest peeves. 😕  It's my responsibility in my job - in my career - to ensure things like that do NOT happen.. ever.  My position could be seriously in danger if I allowed such madness at any meeting at work.  It makes me crazy when it happens at the Kingdom Hall.

Helping with administrative duties in the congregation is the only "brother job" I'd really like to have if it were possible for sisters.  Training and calendars/schedules and updates would be so tight, you could bounce a quarter off them!  😉  :D 

10 minutes ago, Hope said:

Stuff like that are my biggest peeves. 😕  It's my responsibility in my job - in my career - to ensure things like that do NOT happen.. ever.  My position could be seriously in danger if I allowed such madness at any meeting at work.  It makes me crazy when it happens at the Kingdom Hall.

Helping with administrative duties in the congregation is the only "brother job" I'd really like to have if it were possible for sisters.  Training and calendars/schedules and updates would be so tight, you could bounce a quarter off them!  😉  :D 

Exactly!

I spent many years at my last job trying to think what could possibly go wrong and then ensure controls were in place to make sure it didn't.  That's not out of my blood yet but I'm working on it. I'm sure there is a logical explanation for what happened last night, I just don't know what it is 😊

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

I've converted this talk to MP3 and listen to it in my car regularly... 😉

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwbmw_201602_1_VIDEO

Thanks, I'll watch that today.

Just one more comment and then I'll stop grousing.  

Doesn't Ephesianish 6:4 say "Elders, do not be irritating the congregation" :lol1:

54 minutes ago, Hope said:

Helping with administrative duties in the congregation is the only "brother job" I'd really like to have if it were possible for sisters.  Training and calendars/schedules and updates would be so tight, you could bounce a quarter off them!

Well why not sis? Try mentioning it to your COBE. They are not teaching assignments and if there’s a need for qualified admin like yourself xx

It's bigger on the inside!

1 minute ago, Stoffer said:

Well why not sis? Try mentioning it to your COBE. They are not teaching assignments and if there’s a need for qualified admin like yourself xx

LOL -- that would be groovy, but it will never happen - not in this congregation and/or with this COBE.  I'll just keep my head down and try to find out adjusted times for field service (like tomorrow's holiday) and when I have a talk (school schedule has not been on the board for over a month) on my own.  The brothers know their business... mine is to be a submissive, quiet sister and work within the system.  :)