JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library Has Stopped Working

This is not a inside question, but I had WT Library on my computer and now when I pull it up this message pops up that it is no longer working.  I used to get updates and not nothing.  Can someone give me an idea or should I request another Cd (I have no idea if society still makes them) from 2016?  

Thank you

Allabord4jah

Edited by Shawnster

Is this the Windows Watchtower Library that you loaded from a CD? (it is on a DVD now, by the way).  Since 2016 the program generally updated it self.  If you had the 2015 version it will no longer update.  If it was the 2016 or 2017 version and it was operating before and now is not operating at all,  well that is another matter.  The only time this happened to me it required a new installation from the CD / DVD.

Loving brother, I kind brother,  at my congregation tonight gave me his CD for 2016.  I reinstalled it and it is now in the process of downloading everything from 2017 in to 2018.  This is going to take awhile!  I had my computer wiz look at it from his house to mine, and he said something went wrong, he checked everything and it was okay, only thing no okay was WT Library.  So am glad someone had the 2016 version and its downloading as I write.  Its a bit slow cause I can't afford the lastest and fastest servers.  Fios and Xifinity in neck of the woods cost more then my electric bill, food, gas for my vehicle, and mortgage!  So I only have DSL thru version, maybe its a blessing since the friends who have the other two options (Dish cannot pick up any signal at my home) in the State i reside in.  It's the the supersonic fastest Internet, but it serves my purposes when I can study materials that are not found in my Jw.Library app on my tablet.  I like deep research and so I need my library where it is, on my computer top!  Thanks for your assistance.  Hope where every you are, have a great weekend coming up!  

By the way, did you enjoy our mid-week meeting?  I loved it, Jehovah is preparing his people for the onslaught that Satan and his spirit demons and hordes of humans will bring upon us!   They will certainly fight against Jehovah, but they will never prevail!!!   Let it come, our father will send his majestic King and his armies to protect us.  

20 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Loving brother, I kind brother,  at my congregation tonight gave me his CD for 2016.  I reinstalled it and it is now in the process of downloading everything from 2017 in to 2018.  This is going to take awhile!  I had my computer wiz look at it from his house to mine, and he said something went wrong, he checked everything and it was okay, only thing no okay was WT Library.  So am glad someone had the 2016 version and its downloading as I write.  Its a bit slow cause I can't afford the lastest and fastest servers.  Fios and Xifinity in neck of the woods cost more then my electric bill, food, gas for my vehicle, and mortgage!  So I only have DSL thru version, maybe its a blessing since the friends who have the other two options (Dish cannot pick up any signal at my home) in the State i reside in.  It's the the supersonic fastest Internet, but it serves my purposes when I can study materials that are not found in my Jw.Library app on my tablet.  I like deep research and so I need my library where it is, on my computer top!  Thanks for your assistance.  Hope where every you are, have a great weekend coming up!  

By the way, did you enjoy our mid-week meeting?  I loved it, Jehovah is preparing his people for the onslaught that Satan and his spirit demons and hordes of humans will bring upon us!   They will certainly fight against Jehovah, but they will never prevail!!!   Let it come, our father will send his majestic King and his armies to protect us.  

I am happy you found a solution.  If you ever need the disk again, you might look in your Kingdom Hall library.  We always keep a copy there.  Ask one of the elders who is tech knowledgeable. 

14 hours ago, jwhess said:

I am happy you found a solution.  If you ever need the disk again, you might look in your Kingdom Hall library.  We always keep a copy there.  Ask one of the elders who is tech knowledgeable. 

Thanks for reminding me.  I forget we do have a library down stairs in the hall.  Yes, I removed the old one and downloaded the 2016 version and boy, it took 24 hours to download from 2016 to present.   Works beautifully.   Thank you again dear brother (s).