JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Images in JW Library Helper

I downloaded and installed jwl helper on the hall computer, I like it, but I can't add images. I've tried several types of jpgs, pngs and tiffs, and gifs but nothing works. Does anyone know how to add outside images?

With JWLH running, click on the "Images" tab if you want to add an image. You can "drag-and-drop" an image from a folder onto the app and it should insert it into the existing images already there.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

On testing, I found I could not drop the image(s) from jw.org in the "Images" display window/pane.

However, if you have set an image folder in the "Settings File" (this is a text file and you have to paste/type in the exact path where your images will reside), you can click on the "Folders ..." link  and select the "Users Images" in the dropdown menu - it will open the folder where your images should reside. You CAN drag-and-drop images from jw.org in this folder ... at least, it worked on my PC.

Then, click on the "Reload all data" icon (the two half-circle arrows) and the images should appear in the "Images" window/pane

Hope this helps

13 hours ago, Qapla said:

On testing, I found I could not drop the image(s) from jw.org in the "Images" display window/pane.

However, if you have set an image folder in the "Settings File" (this is a text file and you have to paste/type in the exact path where your images will reside), you can click on the "Folders ..." link  and select the "Users Images" in the dropdown menu - it will open the folder where your images should reside. You CAN drag-and-drop images from jw.org in this folder ... at least, it worked on my PC.

Then, click on the "Reload all data" icon (the two half-circle arrows) and the images should appear in the "Images" window/pane

Hope this helps

Thanks, I tried setting the path in the settings file, but it gave the same error.

You might try right-clicking the images you want and "Save image as" to your HDD, give it whatever name you want if it would be easier to locate than the default name it carries

Other than that, I do not know what to tell you  :shrugs:  I explained how I do it on my PC - and it works on mine 

You have clicked on the "Images" tab in JWL Helper, right - so that the Images pane is visible and showing the other images available and scrolling through them

Are you sure you edited the "Settings File" correctly

If you click on "Settings File" it will open "JWLHelper.ini" in Notepad (or whatever text file is default on your PC)

Make sure you have the complete path correct - I have given the example below of how I have mine set.

[Folders]
;The folder where USER IMAGES are located
UserImages=C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME ON YOUR PC\Pictures\JWL Helper

;The folder where USER VIDEOS are located
UserVideos=C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME ON YOUR PC\videos

As you can see, I have a folder named "JWL Helper" in my "Pictures" folder"

You can get the entire path by right clicking on the folder you pasted the jw.org images into and clicking on "Properties" - then copy/paste that path and add the name of the folder with the images.

I will check back to see what you report 🙂

• 2 months later...

Please can you try creating a sub-folder off the root of your C-Drive - for example "C:\Temp" and then create two sub-folders "C:\Temp\Images" and "C:\Temp\Videos". Then adjust the SETTINGS file as follows :-

[Folders]
;The folder where USER IMAGES are located
UserImages=C:\Temp\Images

;The folder where USER VIDEOS are located
UserVideos=C:\Temp\Videos

If this doesn't resolve it, please can you post on https://jwlhelper.com or use the CONTACT form on that site and then the author can assist you directly! 🙂

Just further to the above, JWL Helper 1.0.8 has just been released. If you update to this latest version, then DELETE the UserImages and UserVideos entries in your INI file i.e. :-

[Folders]
UserImages=
UserVideos=

Don't forget to restart the program after saving and closing the INI file. This latest version will re-populate those values automatically and create the necessary folders. This should resolve the issue you were having.

• 4 years later...