JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can you sense how people are changing in your countries?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2004 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

24 minutes ago, CCCG said:

Where I live it’s definitely getting worse.  More violent crimes even very local to me and drugs are a big problem.  

When I was growing up in the 60s you heard of this place in America where people got shot in broad daylight and almost every day there was a murder: The Bronx

What we got was only a single sided version of this place (as is usually the case with the media and film) I used to think of myself in that 'place' and wonder if I would ever go out of the front door!

Now.. Here in Birmingham (UK) people get stabbed or shot almost every day. It is not even reported as a 'new thing' ; just run of the mill life. The Radio and TV reports get seconds; not minutes

Do we stay indoors all day?.. of course not. You have to live and go about your business and just be sensible when and where you go... So the Bronx is now Birmingham.

9 hours ago, Alan said:

When I was growing up in the 60s you heard of this place in America where people got shot in broad daylight and almost every day there was a murder: The Bronx 

What we got was only a single sided version of this place (as is usually the case with the media and film) I used to think of myself in that 'place' and wonder if I would ever go out of the front door!

Now.. Here in Birmingham (UK) people get stabbed or shot almost every day. It is not even reported as a 'new thing' ; just run of the mill life. The Radio and TV reports get seconds; not minutes

Do we stay indoors all day?.. of course not. You have to live and go about your business and just be sensible when and where you go... So the Bronx is now Birmingham.

May I ask how do the apologists of the religion of peace in Birmingham come to terms with Jehovah's Witnesses? Do they view them with disdain as they do with most of Christendom's followers, or more neutral? Is there trolley service there in public squares at all?

8 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

May I ask how do the apologists of the religion of peace in Birmingham come to terms with Jehovah's Witnesses? Do they view them with disdain as they do with most of Christendom's followers, or more neutral? Is there trolley service there in public squares at all?

Hi Ruben

Your reply is too cryptic for an old man :)  who are the 'apologists of the  religionists of peace'?

Trolley Service in the City? The Carts? Yes we do. Metropolitan Witnessing is doing well.. There are the inevitable ruffling of feathers but it is relatively peaceful.