JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

“Tebowing” Is The New “Planking” (Pics)

“Tebowing” Is The New “Planking” (Pics)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Author: JamieDTags: Denver Broncos Planking Tebowing Tim Tebow Move over planking.

There is a new fad that is taking the world by storm.

It is called “Tebowing,” and it is described as the following on Tebowing.com:

“(verb) to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone around you is doing something completely different.”

Tim Tebow did it last Sunday following Matt Prater’s game-winning field-goal in overtime that completed the Denver Broncos’ improbable 18-15 comeback victory over the Miami Dolphins.

The first image of people Tebowing was posted on “Tebowing.com” a few days after that victory, and since then dozens of people have submitted images of themselves and their friends Tebowing at various places across America.

You can check out a few of the creative Tebowing images below. If you’d like to see them all, I’d advise you check out Tebowing.com

(I didn't know how to attach the pictures)

I'm usually behind on most things and just seen this today on the internet. There are post's from around the world. It has taken on everywhere.

What monkey see what monkey do!?! :?

Do ya'll have any comments on it??? :unsure:

Four high school pupils in 'Tebowing' row after being suspended for joining copycat craze to honour NFL star 2 comments by readers... REALLY!!?? This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. These kids were suspended??!! For what? We have a national problem with bullying and kids taking there own lives because of things that have happend in school. These kids came together to have a little fun that was not hurting anyone and they get SUSPENDED. This is one of the biggest blatent abuses of power I have seen in a long time. The school district should be looking into REAL problems at their school and not at the kids who are having fun for 5 minutes out of the day. This world has become so strange and disturbing it crazy! - mr, PA, 16/12/2011 14:51 "Tebowing" is about a religious as planking. It's the newest fad, not a declaration of faith. And if I'm not mistaken, students had already been "Tebowing" at that school and were told it wouldn't be allowed any longer (the reason is irrelevant). These kids decided to do it anyway and now they're suspended. This isn't news nor is it religious persecution. It's just high school boys being obnoxious in a very unoriginal way. - At least be original if you're going to get suspended, USA, 16/12/2011 18:22 Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075023/Tim-Tebow-Four-high-school-pupils-Tebowing-row-suspended-joining-copycat-craze.html#ixzz1govXnHfS a photo from the site you linked...betlee

69476=3839-tumblr_lwbjhbxUGY1r5ubj1o1_50 Afghanistanbowing I have no real opinion....:popcorn:

It's sad that people do not really know how to talk to their Maker any more.They are only shown mistaken examples to mimick; then it gets trivialised to a mere physical ritual and it's wondrous reality is totally lost.

(Matthew 6:5-6) “Also, when YOU pray, YOU must not be as the hypocrites; because they like to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the broad ways to be visible to men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. 6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.

What I find interesting is that they pray for winning a game, or the lottery or stuff like that. It just goes to show their ignorance and just exactly what prayer is for. How disrespectful of God.

69770=3861-Boy praying.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I think the Saturday Night Live skit about Tebow is hilarious. Jesus comes and talks with the Broncos after a game and basically tells them they need to play better because he is doing all the work for them. "Oh, and Mormonism is all true, every word." Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ul2dhNaQgxM

i neither knew what tebowing, or bowteplanking or teplanking or plankbowing was so clicked on this thread with some trepidation... but knowing of course that betty started the thread so it would be ok!

... these people are very stupid and silly, offensive and hypocritical... they know not what they do satans influence is rife.

its a bit like when you see a sports person cross themselves when they score a goal or someting, the next minute theyre spitting on the floor, swearing at someone of punching someone. what is that all about? its mad isnt it but not surprizing?

so, now i know what plankteing is... i mean ...oh i give up!

christian love to all on this winters morning.

may JEHOVAH bless those in the field today

gu out

I like Tebow as a QB, besides he is related to one of my childhood best friends.

However, I think Tebowing is ignorant, and a blatant disrespect to Jehovah. It is exactly what the scribes and pharisees were doing back in Jesus' time, praying in public hoping to be noticed.

Prayers are supposed to be personal.

Sickening....

However, I think Tebowing is ignorant, and a blatant disrespect to Jehovah. It is exactly what the scribes and pharisees were doing back in Jesus' time, praying in public hoping to be noticed.

Prayers are supposed to be personal.

Sickening....

I'm kinda back and forth on this one---

Yes, the blatant, super obvious, 'hey, lookee here' prayers are not cool but when we pray before eating, in a public place, people notice....even tho it is a private prayer......

I think a respectful, discreet, private show of devotion, even in a public arena, is..........um........ok?....not too sure how I want to word that....

• 3 weeks later...