JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Unexpected environmental recovery of the Manzanares river

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2045 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I read this surprisingly positive article in the newspaper today about the Manzanares river that flows through Madrid. The article is in Spanish:

https://elpais.com/ccaa/2018/09/14/madrid/1536928384_530297.html

But there are several nice pictures here:

https://elpais.com/elpais/2018/09/14/album/1536939042_765087.html

Since I have memory, I remember the Manzanares, the river that passes through Madrid, as a dirty and stinking narrow stream of stagnant water, polluted due to sewage and a breeding ground for mosquitoes.

A few years ago the city of Madrid undertook the pharaonic work of moving underground the M30, a very busy freeway that encircles the city center parallel to the river. Then, they built a nice park by the river instead of the freeway. Some years later, in 2015, a project was undertaken to open all the dams and let the river loose.

Three years later, not even the ecologists who presented the project can believe the amount of fauna and flora that thrives in and around the river. Lots of local species of plants, fish and birds that have turned this once polluted river into a beautiful natural environment. All of that without any human intervention other than opening the dams and letting nature do its job. The pictures are really nice, I didn't expect so see something like that in the center of Madrid.

This shows once again how Jehovah designed nature to repair itself as soon as man stops messing with it. This has helped me visualize how quickly the earth will become a paradise when people in Satan's system stop ruining it.

Edited by carlos