JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

School...

First I decided to put this here dued to not being sure where else to put it. OK here we go....

I'm in school. I did it because I felt I had to because I'm one of those "Lifelong learners" who absolutely must be in a classroom. It's not to get a degree. Actually though I can't. Why? Because it's a program that CUNY (The City University of New York) has that allows persons 60+ to attend for, are y'all ready for this? Only $80 a semester! The other thing is you are allowed to take only 2 classes per semester. There are no grades given. 

So I registered for just one class, an English class with the concentration in law. I'm still not sure if I'll take 2 classes next semester or even if I'll go next semester. 

I already have training in Paralegal at another college years ago, but somehow I've felt that I was missing something. So now I'm sitting in class and I'm noticing something that I suspected long ago: The training at my old college is nothing, and I mean absolutely NOTHING in comparison to what I'm getting now. I'm not kidding! I really feel I'm learning. And this is just one class. 

So I pack my things (meaning my service equipment), hop on the train, fight the people, lol, get "educated," leave, go in service, go home, do my Bible reading, try to throw something in my mouth in between, try to relax, do my reading based on what the professor have us do and die in bed, lol. Oh and yeah I take my broom and try to at least pretend I'm sweeping, lol. 

But it's good. It really is. Plus it's helping me to really be organized...finally, lol.

When I realized I was really accepted, oh my goodness! The nervous bug began crawling on me, but one of the ladies in admissions helped calm me down some. And she said concerning the younger students that "you can teach them how to act." Ha! Little did she know that I'm the least interested in becoming a sort of momma to them, for all my children (five, not counting the grands) are all grown and I intend to keep it like that. I try to encourage the young ones in the congregation, and while in service, but once I'm home, I'm home. Not trying to sound selfish, but at this time in my life, outside of Jehovah's interests, and now in school, I'm not interested in anything else. It's me, myself, and I after all is done. 

There is, however, in my class a 19 yr. old young man who has hyperattention disorder (something like that) with autism. I know because he just came out with it. So with him I'll make an exception if necessary. I'm supposing it's because I too suffer from a mental disorder in the form of bipolar disorder. 

Edited by Luezette

1 hour ago, boodles said:

Sounds like fun! I always like to take classes, too. I've done some free, online classes the past few years.

It IS fun as I indirectly outlined. Nooo, not fun as in "Yippee!" It's a lot of work. I mean, the professor doesn't give us a lot of work as in the load itself, and his style is via lecture, question and answer, but it's still WORK. Yet he makes everything very interesting. 

Last week he wanted us to give him an essay sort of about ourselves. It was then I revealed I represent Jehovah, with a witness. 

Edited by Luezette