JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

i got stung by a scorpion

So sorry to hear that Sis, did it die after biting you?....

When I lived near Palm Springs I used to have a couple as pets...they are neat little critters, but I did not relish the thought of getting stung....

I much preferred my tarantulas and my 8 foot Burmese Python...

I am not aware of any old school remedies for the pain, perhaps a quick search will get you some info---

How did this happen?.... contrary to what Chuck said, I think the brown one are worse. The ones I had were almost a greenish color, a yellow tint that almost glowed in the dark...

Yes, I was asleep and woke up to this incredible burning on my leg. I went to the kitchen for some ice, but the burning would not stop.

I went to work with the pain, and a few hours later my leg went numb - I was in a training session for work, and told the teacher I think I was stung

by a scorpion--I said "think" because I did not see one, but i know that there are scorpions around--He said that if it were him, he would go to the ER.

I did not, was holding on for it to subside. Then Yesterday when I was changing my bed linen, there it was a dead light brown scorpion in my bed---I guess I killed it!!---(that's some serious holy spirit) just kiddin'..............So tekman, do they die after stinging you? that was weird, a really bad sting.......

Try rubbing some Benadryl Gel on it, Helps with the itch and Benadryl Tabs to help get rid of the histamine that causes the itching and swelling. Any drug store sells it.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Yes, they do HURT. When I was living in Temple, Texas 30+ yrs. ago, I got stung about 3 times. Always when I was putting on my work boots. The 'sting' was so bad, I couldn't move for minutes. I then learned to shake out shoes/boots before putting on. Killed some rattlers there also. I used to keep snake-bit kit on wall. I remember an experience being out in rurals there. When I walked up to gate close to house, I could tell that the lady was frantic when she came out. I asked her if she was okay. She told me, she reached up on shelf in closet to get umbrella; instead she grabbed hold of rattlesnake. It took off & she did too. She went back looking & couldn't find it. It had happened about 1/2 hour before I stopped there. Hope you don't have another.

Vitamin C taken immediately, 1,000 IUs taken every hour, can neutralize any toxin within the body. Vitamin C is water soluble and comes out of your body with other liquids. Most people are not highly allergic and the way to know that you have taken too much would be having loose bowels.

My Mom was bitten by a brown recluse on her breast and upper inner arm. The spider was in a newspaper and she had on her mumu. She took tons of Vit C but I got upset because she needed medical attention because the site of the bites kept weeping and were sticky, like she was sweating out the poison. It was the body trying to force out the toxins through the skin. She had no side effects even though they were bad bites. No flesh decayed. Probably due to the healing properties of the Vit C. She finally did seek medical help and got better immediately. But I know things would have gone downhill immediately had she not taken the C.

I hope you are OK now! ;)

Poor you... its abit scarey too not knowing how bad it will get before it improves. But glad it seems to be under control now.

I always use plain light coloured sheets and check the bed out every night before I get in as we have a lot of nasty spiders here and some of them just love to tuck themselves up into a bed or a clothes drawer!

Sending a big hug...

Nothing bad can last forever!