JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Science is starting to catch up

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1970 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Came across this article. I think it is amazing that so many people are astounded by this article. I had assumed this was common sense. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6424407/Every-person-spawned-single-pair-adults-living-200-000-years-ago-scientists-claim.html

enjoy!

This reminds me of some of Reasons To Believe's research. There's a fantastic book with alot of interesting research on this topic entitled: "Who Was Adam: A Creation Model Approach to the Origin of Humanity" written By Fazale Rana and Hugh Ross. 

1 hour ago, blue-jay said:

They're a bit off on the time line though...

Potentially, yes, they could be off on their timeline. However, it could be close to correct, not an exact science. Whether Adam and Eve lived 6,000yrs ago or 60,000yrs ago doesn't necessarily have any bearing on the authenticity of the Bible's account, therefore not an issue involving salvation. Nor does our reading of the flood account, whether regional (still kills all humans except Noah and Family) or global. So, the research in the article could potentially point to either event depending on how you read the biblical accounts and the genealogies (gaps or no-gaps?).  Either way, science is catching up to what the Bible has said all along! Hmmm, I wonder how Moses knew....? :toothbrush:(tu)

2 hours ago, Brother Arellano said:

The timeline can be far off. I’m no scientist, I can’t say how or why. Only that which Jehovah has said can be taken as fact. But I’m happy to take a small win. 

Agreed, Jehovah knows how everything came to be, he hasn't shared all of the details with us yet, but we get the idea 😊