JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

APP to report religions not recognized by the state Indonesia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1971 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.rt.com/news/445025-heresy-app-indonesia-rights/

Smart Pakem,” free for download from the Google Play store, allows users to report groups practicing religions not officially recognized by the state, as well as unorthodox interpretations of Indonesia’s six official religions, which include Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, and Buddhism. The app also lists “religious edicts and blacklisted organizations,” according to an AFP report.

Developed by the Jakarta Prosecutor’s Office, the app streamlines what had been a cumbersome reporting process, requiring submitting a written accusation and waiting for the authorities to investigate. “The objective…is to provide easier access to information about the spread of beliefs in Indonesia, to educate the public and to prevent them from following doctrines of an individual or a group that are not in line with the regulations,” said Nirwan Nawawi, a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office.

Yeah ..." Report a JW today, and win a free holiday to Barbados for you and your family!"

Won't take much for things to heat up....  I'm keeping all, my paper copies of the bible. I plan to cut up my old pocket bible and hide pages  under my wig when they come for me!!!

Edited by sunshine