JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian Witness forced to quit job and unjustly indicted as a target of religious harassment

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4491 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For Immediate Release

December 28, 2011

Russian Witness forced to quit job and unjustly indicted as a target of religious harassment

AKHTUBINSK, Russia— Yelena Grigorieva is one of many individuals targeted in an official campaign against Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout Russia. On December 20, 2011, local investigator A. Gluschenko served 43-year-old Mrs. Grigorieva with an unjust indictment for “Inciting to Hatred or Hostility and the Debasing of Human Dignity.”

Earlier this year, on February 8, 2011, Mrs. Grigorieva’s home was searched and officials seized a number of her personal religious publications. Mrs. Grigorieva became aware that officials were bringing a criminal case against her under Article 282(1) of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. Later, on February 11, officials visited her place of employment and she was forced to quit her job—supposedly of her own initiative. On February 17, 2011, Mrs. Grigorieva was served with an indictment stating that she distributed to residents of the Akhtubinsk District of the Astrakhan region “publications of an extremist nature from the Federal List of Extremist Materials.”

Mrs. Grigorieva says, “I completely disagree with the charges raised against me because I am convinced of the usefulness and value of Bible principles. Just recently my grandson was born and when he grows up, I hope that he will love God and his neighbors in the same way.”

Gulfira Zakaryayeva, an attorney who represents Grigorieva, commented: “Sad to say, the investigators were not interested in uncovering the truth. They merely tried to charge my client because she is one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Grigory Martynov, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, adds: “We desire to assist people with practical, Bible-based information and our right to do so should be respected. I hope that the authorities will stop this campaign of harassing Christians like this woman in Akhtubinsk and that all criminal charges against her will be dropped.”

Article Source: JW-Media.org

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I wonder where these authorities are getting this momentum from its the orthodox i bet but they will not succeed. this is indeed the time for her to keep seeking the kingdom first and jah will provide for in all aspects. please Jehovah let her maintain this fight and we will win.

Edited to change all upper case letters.

Yes Dear Brother,

We must continue to pray for our sister and all who are struggling at this time. I come back to read this article so that I may meditate and not forget about our dear sister and all the friends in Russia and abroad.